A house facing Arabian Sea, near Juhu Beach in the luxurious Prime Beach building, is what Bollywood’s ‘khiladi’, Akshay Kumar, calls his home.
Akshay Kumar’s house in Juhu is a landmark in Mumbai, not just for fans in Mumbai but thousands of netizens who stay glued to the regular updates by his wife Twinkle Khanna, a successful designer, author and columnist in her own right.
Akshay Kumar house price in Juhu
The aesthetically built house of India’s highest-paid star and one of its wealthiest actors, is valued around Rs 80 crores.
The duplex apartment is home to the couple, their children Aarav and Nitara and pet dogs
Akshay Kumar’s sister and mother also have apartments in the Prime Beach building and this is where Hrithik Roshan has also invested in his new apartment.
Akshay Kumar house interior
The couple’s mesmerising Juhu duplex has been designed by Twinkle Khanna herself. The centerpiece of the living room is a delightful pond and the organic feel is carried throughout both floors with nature-friendly designs and ample greenery.
A mango tree has been planted in the orchard cum garden/lawn accompanying the apartment which reminds Twinkle of Rajesh Khanna, her father and one of India’s biggest superstars. The ground floor has a luxe walk-in wardrobe, an expansive kitchen and home theatre, while the upper level has grey as the dominant theme.
The family enjoys a clear and view of Juhu Beach. In fact, you might have seen the couple strolling along the sands till the Marriott, for a romantic date night. That is how close the property is to the beach.
It is fronted by a lovely lawn and orchard while the apartment itself is dotted with innumerable photographs, mementoes and artwork. Blue is the major colour choice for the garden while brown and beige are predominant hues for the rest of the duplex apartment, draping everything from the couch and walls to the floor patterns
The earthly, organic and nature-friendly décor theme is a key motif for this Juhu apartment, while prints have been strategically used, ranging from wall pineapple prints to even vibrant Ikat bedspreads.
Akshay Kumar’s Juhu house inside
Akshay Kumar’s majestic Juhu abode has several notable features, including:
- The living area has a 13-part pendant light installation, courtesy Klove Studio.
- The centre table is the creation of Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- The dining area looks onto the orchard, through a glass wall.
- The first floor has the bedrooms, Twinkle Khanna’s home-office, a balcony and a pantry.
- Italianesque sofas grace the first floor along with south Indian silver sculptures and European figurines. Feminist artwork from the likes of Shipra Bhattacharya and Rekha Rodwittiya find place here.
- A daybed has been cosily positioned in the balcony, where the family plays indoor games such as backgammon and ludo while enjoying the lush view outside.
- Twinkle Khanna is a huge bookworm and her house is filled with cozy reading zones like a corner decorated with empty gin bottles, a painting done by a child and a multi-purpose shawl along with her favorite coffee bean and vanilla candle.
- The house has its own vegetation patch that is seemingly half-forest and half-farm in itself. The family grows its own tomatoes, brinjals, mangoes and sapotas here, among other produce. The garden has its own pond with a lovely Buddha head rising from the water.
- Almost every wall in the house is dotted with contemporary artwork from emerging and renowned artists.
- The Akshay Kumar house in Juhu formerly belonged to Sumati Morarjee, a freedom fighter and friend to MK Gandhi. The father of the nation used to spend time meditating on the lawns here, during his visits. Today, there is a stone statue positioned in the exact location.
- The lawn has extensive outdoor furniture including swings and sofas, making it ideal for family picnics and hosting parties.
Akshay Kumar’s properties
This Rs 80-crore duplex is situated in one of Mumbai’s costliest locations, although it is quite natural, considering Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna’s staggering net worth.
Akshay Kumar loves investing in real estate; from a luxurious Goa holiday villa to an entire hill bungalow and apartments in Canada and even a premier home in Mauritius to several other Mumbai apartments, his portfolio can put several mid-sized developers to shame.
However, at the end of the day, the couple comes back home to this stunning Prime Beach duplex in Juhu that is a stunning ode to their taste.
Akshay kumar Goa House
Akshay owns a lot of real estate, and one of his more beautiful homes is located in Goa. Goa itself is such a beautiful place, and most Mumbaikars head to Goa for the numerous beaches. Goa is not just a party city but also has some of the best properties in India. Akshay Kumar and family own a luxurious 5cr home in Goa, which they purchased over a decade ago.
“I like to go to Goa. I love it. It’s very chilled out. Everyone knows me there, and they just say hi, but nobody bothers me as such. It’s the only place in the country where I can roam around and enjoy myself”- Akshay Kumar.
The Portuguese style villa overlooks the white sandy beaches of Goa and is truly a haven. The actor likes to escape to his vacation home whenever he has the time.
Not only his superb Bollywood career but his chilled out relationship with his wife Twinkle is something to aspire for. Ironically, Mrs Funnybones had once said on a famous chat show that she has agreed to marry Akki only if her movie Mela flopped. She was more than sure that the movie was going to be a success but it wasn’t and the rest is history.
Akshay Kumar is known for his fitness, style, and also his incredible nature. He recently donated 25cr to the PM’s care fund during the ongoing pandemic.
Akshay Kumar not only loves to be fit, he loves sports too. This is what lead him to join hands with the pro-kabaddi league franchise Bengal Warriors. He was a great support to the team and also worked wonders to encourage and support the world kabaddi league team since he joined back in 2017.
Akshay Kumar a fan favourite is known for his kind nature and his love for his admirers. No wonder hundreds of fans gather near his home on the occasion of his birthday to catch a glimpse of the actor.
Akshay Kumar House Address
11, Juhu Tara, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400049
Famous neighbours near Akshay Kumar House in Juhu:
- Hrithik Roshan
- Sajid Nadiadwala
- Abhishek Bachchan
Things near Akshay Kumar House
- Hare Krishna Temple
- Juhu beach
- Marriot hotel