Ekta Kapoor Net Worth 2021 is $12 Millions ( Rs 95 Crore) approx
|Profession||Indian television producer|
|Age||46 years old (2021)|
|Official Twitter Handel|
|Birth Date||7 June 1975|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020||95 CroresINR|
Television and Cinema cant be imaged without a Producer. A famous personalities once quoted “If no producer, No Movies”. Tv and Bollywood movies depend highly on Production to be successful and one such producer who has taken Hindi TV Series and Hindi cinema to a great height is Ekta Kapoor. She is the most sought after producer and has given many hit TV series films. She is the Joint Managing Director and Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms Ltd which is one the biggest production house in Bollywood Industry.
Net Worth of Ekta Kapoor
In this section, we will discuss about Ekta Kapoor’s net worth of Ekta Kapoor production house, films and most importantly her earnings, wealth and net worth. Ekta Kapoor is a Writer, Television and film producer. She is the main driving force behind creativity at Balaji Telefilms Ltd whose vision is “To consistently provide delightful and innovative entertainment experiences by engaging audiences and nurturing talent”.
She started her career at the age of 17 and soon decided to become a producer at a very young age. Balaji Telefilms Ltd. deals with most part of Television Production and Film Making which includes:
- Production & post production
- Domestic and International Distribution
- Music and Home Entertainment
- Talent management
- Brand partnerships
The other subsidiaries of Balaji Telefilms Ltd. Are:
- Balaji Motion Pictures
- ALT Digital Media Entertainment
- BOLT Media Limited
The total revenue of Balaji Telefilms Ltd is estimated to be Rs 424 Crores. The personal net worth of Ekta Kapoor is $13 Mn, which in Indian currency is approximately Rs 95 Crores Indian Rupee (i.e. approx Ninety Five Crore INR). Net worth of Ekta has seen a rise of 25% over past few years. The net worth of Ekta Kapoor includes remuneration from Television Serials, movies, personal investment and her production house.
Also, as a Philanthropist, she is among the leading individual when it comes to sharing for a social cause and charity. Also she is one of the highest tax payers in the country.
Ekta Kapoor House
House: Ekta Kapoor owns a Beautiful designed luxury House in Mumbai, India. She bought this House in 2012. The estimated value of the House is around Rs.7 Crores. She also owns multiple Real-estate properties in different countries.
Television and Film producer Ekta Kapoor has rented a floor in Mumbai’s Juhu area for Rs. 2.7 lakh per month to M Baria Developers. According to reports, the lease and license agreement was registered on September 3, 2021.
A deposit of Rs. 10 lakh was paid by M Baria Developers. The apartment has been leased for a period of two years from April 11, 2020, to April 10, 2022.
The apartment is located on the fourth floor of the building known as Krishna 2. The building has a total of four floors and the apartment comes with one car parking.
In August 2021, Ekta Kapoor and her mother Shobha Ravi Kapoor had sold a plot of land in Pune to family-owned companies Tusshar Infradevelopers and pantheon Buildcon for Rs. 20 crore. The agreements were reportedly signed on march 31, 2021, which was the last date to avail the stamp duty benefit by the Maharashtra government. A stamp duty of Rs. 80 lakh was paid and the documents were registered in August this year.
Cars: Ekta owns few of the luxurious cars in the world few of the car brands owned by her include Ford, Mercedes Benz, Audi and BMW. Each of these car would cost around 1.2 Crore to 2 Crore.
Ekta Kapoor investment
|Estimated Net Worth||Rs. 95 Crore|
|Personal Investment||Rs. 45 Crore|
|Luxury-Cars||Rs. 4 – 5 Crore|
Ekta Kapoor Net Worth Sources
Since She is the owner of a production house ,her majority of income is expected to come from the serials ,films her company produces. Ekta Kapoor is a popular Television Serials Producer, Film producer and film maker in India and other countries. Apart from Television film making, Ekta Kapoor is also the Joint Managing Director of Balaji Television Ltd., which is one of the biggest privately held production house in the country.
She has also invested in many real – estate properties. Thus, we can be very positive that the net worth of Ekta Kapoor will keep on growing through the years.
Ekta Kapoor Family & Success story
If you are a Typical Hindi Television serials fan, you might already know few things about Ekta Kapoor that are mentioned below:
Ekta Kapoor resides in Mumbai and is the daughter of veteran superstar Jitendra Kapoor. She completed her schooling at Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai and attended Mithibai College.
The horror thriller show “Mano Ya Na Mano” which was aired in zee tv in the year 1995 was the first show of Ekta Kapoor as a producer.
Kyuki mai juth nai bolta staring megastar Govinda was the first movies made under production of Ekta Kapoor in the year 2001.
Ekta has produced more than 50 Television Serials and 30+ Bollywood movies.
Till date Balaji Telefilms has produced 17,000 hours of valuable content on Hindi Television Serials.
Ekta has won several awards which include:
- Business women of the year 2002
- Ernst %Young (Entrepreneur of the year 2001)
- Women of the year 2001
In the year 2016, Ekta was placed at the No. 1 position among ’50 Most Influential Women’ in the Indian marketing, advertising and media ecosystems by IMPACT magazine.
interesting facts about Ekta Kapoor
- Ekta is quite a mommy’s girl. She loves her mom Shobhaa Kapoor to death, who is also her business partner.
- Ekta was rejected as good-for-nothing in her teens. It was then she decided to take plunge into TV.
- Ekta Kapoor’s ‘K-rated’ series also started a new trend, they made it easier to spot the vamp.
- A party animal, Ekta is infamous for turning up late at her own parties (something she’s working on) and known to chase you with her patent vodka shot syringes. There’s no escaping the booze and dance floor once you are partying with the queen of daily soaps.
- Ekta loves chocolate. She’s often relishing and snacking off chocolate bars from her fridge
- Ekta who made tear-jerkers for small screen, was one of the earliers producers who dared to flirt with risque genres with Love, Sex aur Dhoka and Ragini MMS.
- She has adopted several stray dogs that were injured or unwell near her office and house. The Balaji office too has some stray dogs that are regular members and will joyfully wag their tail every time you pass them.
- Her brother Tusshar Kapoor too loves to take care of stray dogs.
- Ekta Kapoor’s characters live on. The serial may take a leap of a decade or a lifetime, but that is only an opportunity for little kids to grow up. The elders add 40 years to their lives by adding a spectacle.
- The narrative of a simple story is stuffed with too many close-ups and repetition of actions.
- Ekta is very afraid of heights and darkness.
- Ekta is afraid of helicopters.
- She is a huge risk taker because she gave break to Sunny Leone in movies despite knowing her past work.
- Just like her brother Tusshar Kapoor, Ekta has also opted for the surrogate route to embrace motherhood.
- She is crowned as the queen of the entire entertainment industry as a whole, with about 120 TV serials, 37 feature films and 22 web series under her belt in an illustrious career spanning over 23 years.
- Ekta Kapoor is named one of the 50 most powerful communicator.
- She has won several accolades and awards for her work and have become one of the most powerful woman working in Bollywoood/TV
- Ekta Kapoor believes in numerology. Ekta Kapoor changed the title of her movie Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Again to Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara! for numerological reasons.
- Ekta Kapoor is not only successful as a producer but has also recently ventured into the fashion department. Ekta has launched a fashion label, ‘EK.
We wish Ekta Kapoor a successful year ahead with lots of achievements and a good health and lots of love. May she keep achieving her goals and keep growing her net worth always!
Disclaimer: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.