I guess everyone will agree with the statement that PDF is one of the most popular formats for all types of e-texts. Unfortunately, PDF is not always easy to read on 6-inch readers. This is due to the fact that files in this format are in most cases intended for printing. The complicated system prevents many functions, forcing us to maneuver the document using our fingers.
Fortunately, there are programs that allow you to easily convert PDF to popular e-book formats, such as EPUB, which are compatible with the functions offered by readers. Let’s find out how to convert PDF to EPUB with some of the most practical methods.
1. SwifDoo PDF Desktop Program
SwifDoo PDF Editor is a simple yet amazing PDF to EPUB converter that makes it easier to view on other e-book readers.This PDF editor converter tool has a version for both Browsers and Windows. Besides, this PDF tool can create PDF files from CAD, images and so on. Moreover, you can use it to convert PDF files to other formats.
- Download and run the PDF to EPUB converter.
Since the desktop program is only available on Windows for now, make sure you download the appropriate versions to your computer. And then run the program to transform PDF to EPUB file.
- Add PDF Files.
After launching the program, click the Convert PDF to Word tab and then choose PDF to EPUB feature from the list.
- Start the conversion.
Simply hit the “Start” button and once the conversion is completed, you can navigate to the output path for the EPUB file.
The program also supports PDF editing tools, which cover almost all your PDF needs.
Caliber is one of the most popular free conversion programs created for e-books.
- We install the Caliber program.
- Using the “Add book” button, we add the ebook we want to convert.
- Then click the convert books button located at the top of the taskbar.
- On the left we see the source format of our e-book, in the case of PDF, and on the right the output format. Set the output format to EPUB and click OK.
- We send the e-book in EPUB format to our reader. We can do it in the traditional way, by displaying the file location and transferring it manually to the reader’s memory or through the Caliber program using the “Send to device” request, but this requires connecting the reader to a computer.
3. Hamster Free eBook Converter
Hamster Free eBook Converter is another slightly less popular e-book conversion program. It differs from Caliber in that e-book conversion is the only function it offers.
- Install Hamster Free eBook Converter.
- Add the book you want to convert.
- Click “Next”, select the device we will use and the format in which the output file should be, in our case EPUB, or select the format itself.
- Then click convert and select the folder where our converted ebook should be located.
- Wait until the file is converted.
Once converted, we can refer to the file local disk location for the file.
The program takes slightly longer to convert files than SwifDoo PDF. The latter converts the file instantly, while Hamster takes a few minutes. However, the program is very simple and intuitive because file conversion is its only function.
It is an online converter that, unfortunately, is much slower at converting than the two programs described above. However, it is a good alternative for people who do not want to download any special programs.
- Go to convertio website firstly.
- Load the file from your computer that you want to convert.
- After converting the file, download the file and save it in the target folder.
If the PDF file has a very complicated layout and many graphics, we must take into account that even the best conversion program may not be able to cope with the task.
Here, the only right solution is to buy a reader with a larger a screen that allows you to comfortably read large, complex files, such as PDFs or EPUB.
Personally, I recommend using SwifDoo PDF in the case of converting PDF to EPUB, which is our most proven file conversion program. It also enables many other formats conversion such as Word, PPT, HTML and many others.