Facts about Sonu Nigam
- Sonu Nigam the talented Indian playback singer is one of the versatile singers of his time. He has had huge success in Bollywood and also in his music albums.
- He first performed on stage at the age of 3 , along with his father on the song Kya Hua Tera Vada. Isn’t that sweet?
- Sonu Nigam is a multi-linguist and can very capably sing in more than 12 languages that include Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Punjabi, Oriya, Nepali, English, Bhojpuri, Urdu, Marathi etc.
- Sonu was about to sing the evergreen song Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga from the film 1942 A Love Story.Later was ultimately Kumar Sanu who sung it.
- Sonu Nigam has rendered the voice for many animated films various languages including Hindi for the animated versions of English movies Aladdin and Rio.
- His sister Teesha Nigam is also a professional singer.
- He started his singing career by accompanying his father as singing appearances at weddings and parties.
- His bollywood singing career began at the age of 18, when he moved to Mumbai with his father.
- He was trained by Hindustani classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
He married actress Madhurima Mishra who is 15 years younger to him on 15 February 2002. They are blessed with a son, Nevaan. Let’s list some of the lesser known facts about the live legend Sonu nigam.
- At the age of 3, Sonu Nigam performed for the first time on stage. He sang his first song Kya Hua Tera Wada with his father at a live show.
- He is regarded as the “Lord of Chords”.
- RD Burman had considered Sonu Nigam to sing Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh from 1942 Love Story.
- In 1999 Sonu won his first Filmfare awards for the track Ishq Bina in Taal composed by AR Rahman. He won his first National Film Award as Best Male Playback Singer for the title track of Kal Ho Naa Ho.
- The singer followed numerology beliefs and changed his name to Sonu Niigaam, but later decided to go back to his birth name.
- Sonu’s debut as a child actor in 1983 film Betaab. As an adult, he made his acting debut with 2004’s movie Love in Nepal in a lead role opposite Juhi Babbar.
- In 2006, Sonu had a show to himself on Radio City 91.1 FM titled Life Ki Dhun with Sonu Nigam, where he interviewed musicians, including Lata Mangeshkar.