Jhulan Goswami Net worth:$1 Million (Rs 8 Crores)
Jhulan Goswami is one of the popular woman cricketers in India.. As of 2022, she has a net worth of Rs 8 crore Indian Rupees. She has accomplished a great deal in such a short time, putting her in the spotlight. In addition, her cricket profession is her primary source of income.
How much is Jhulan Goswami’s net worth?
As per various sources such as femalecricket the Jhulan Goswami net worth is estimated to be ₹8crore (US $1 million). Her net worth is from the income she receives from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) as an active Indian cricket player. In January 2021, Goswami was placed in Grade B by BCCI in their central contract list for the 2020 season. As per the contract, she earns ₹30 lakh ($40,567) from the Indian board.
The Jhulan Goswami net worth also constitutes the salary she receives from Cricket Association of Bengal for playing domestic cricket. Additionally, she plays for the Trailblazers in the BCCI-organised annual Women’s T20 Challenge.
Former Indian captain Jhulan Goswami is regarded as one of the greatest fast bowlers in the history of women’s cricket. She made her international debut in 2002, Goswami has since gone on to win the ICC Women’s Player of the Year award, rose to No.1 rankings among ODI bowlers in 2016 and surpassed former Australian quick Cathryn Fitzpatrick to take most wickets in 50-overs women’s internationals. While she gave up T20I cricket back in 2018, the Bengal-based speedster continues to play ODI cricket for the Indian women’s team.
Jhulan Goswami Wiki:
|Celebrated Name||Jhulan Goswami|
|Birth Name||Jhulan Nishit Goswami|
|Place Of Birth||Chakdaha, West Bengal, India|
|Source of Wealth||Cricket career|
|Net Worth||7.3 crore Indian Rupees|
|Height||74 kg or 163 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Body Measurement||34-30-34 inches|
|Links||Instagram, Twitter, Wikipedia|
Jhulan Goswami was born as Jhulan Nishit Goswami on November 25, 1982, in Chakdaha, West Bengal, India. She is of Indian descent and Asian ancestry. Her faith is Hinduism, and she is a black woman. Jhulan turned 39 years old in 2021, and her zodiac sign is Sagittarius, according to her birth date. Her father, Nishit Goswami, and mother, Jharna Goswami, are her parents. Kunal Goswami (younger brother) and Jhumpa Goswami (elder sister) are her two siblings (Younger Sister).
Jhulan Goswami Career:
- Jhulan Goswami jumped off her cricket career in the Bengal women’s cricket team where she made her international debut in 2002 in a one-day International Match against England in Chennai at the age of 19. Her Test debut came on 14th January 2002 against England in Lucknow.
- She then along with Mithali Raj guided the Indian Women’s Cricket team to the first Test series win England in the 2006-2007 season as well as she helped the Indian Women Cricket team to get their first victory against England, making a fifty as a night watchman in the first Test at Leicester and taking her career-best match figures of 10 for 78-5 for 33 and 5 for 45 – in the second test at Taunton.
- Goswami was also a member of the Asian squad in the Afro-Asia tournament in India and also won the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year in 2007.
- As well, in 2008, she took over the captaincy from Mithali Raj and held till 2011 and became the fourth woman to reach 100 wickets in ODIs at Asia Cup in 2008.
- Jhulan led India in 25 ODIs and she was awarded the Arjun Award in 2010 as well as in 2012 Jhulan became the second Indian women cricketer to receive Padma Shri after Diana Edulji.
- She has 40 Test wickets in her name in 10 matches whereas overall she has 271 international wickets in 223 games and has scored 1593 runs with three 50s. She is the highest wicket-taker in WODIs going past Australian Cathryn Fitzpatrick’s record of 180 wickets.
- Jhulan became the first woman cricketer to reach 200 wickets in one day of cricket on 7th February 2018. She has 200 wickets in 166 matches at an average of 21.76 with two 5 wickets and 4 four wickets haul. In ODIs, she has 995 runs in 166 matches.
- Goswami also became the leading wicket-taker in ODIs in May 2017 when she took her 181st wicket against South Africa at PUK Oval, Potchefstroom.
- She was part of the Indian team to reach the final of the 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cup where the team lost to England by nine runs.
- Goswami said on 19th September 2017 that a biopic on her is in the making with the working title “Chakdaha Express”. By this, she is the first Indian female cricketer to have a biopic to her credit.
- Also, she took her 300th wicket in international cricket in September 2018, against Sri Lanka whereas in November 2020, she was nominated for the ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade award.
- Jhulan was named in India’s Test squad for their one-off match against the England women’s cricket team in May 2021 and in January 2022, she was named in India’s team for the 2022 Women’s Cricket World Cup in New Zealand.
- Furthermore, Goswami was appointed as a bowling consultant for the India women’s national cricket team under the head coach Ramesh Powar. She is playing as a player-coach in Indian Team.
Jhulan Goswami wickets in international cricket
The Jhulan Goswami wickets section in international cricket composes of some staggering numbers. In 182 ODIs, she has taken 225 wickets at an impressive average of 21.48 with two five-wicket hauls. The right-arm fast bowler also has an additional 40 Test wickets and 56 T20I wickets in her account. She remains the only bowler to take more than 200 wickets in women’s ODIs.
Jhulan Goswami height ,weight
Jhulan Goswami stands at 74 kg (163 lbs) and weighs around 70 kg. Her hair is black, and her eyes are dark brown. Jhulan also has an athletic physical build, measuring 34-30-34 inches in length.
Awards and Achievements
- 2007 – ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year
- Captain of Indian Women’s Cricket Team (2008-2011)
- Fastest Bowler
- 2010 – Arjuna Award
- 2012 – Padma Shri
- Leading International Wicket Taker
Jhulan Goswami husband, childrens:
Jhulan Goswami is a married and has 2 children. She has, however, kept her married life out of the public eye. She does not appear to be comfortable with her personal life being open to the world. Hope has been the forte of her life story and continues to be so even now.