Johnny Lever Net Worth:$30 Million (Rs 227 crores)
|John Prakasa Rao Janumala|
|Born:||14 August 1957|
|Wife :||Sujatha Lever (m. 1984)|
|Salary||25 to 30 lakhs|
|Net Worth||Rs 227 crores INR.|
Johny Lever is the man who is known as the king of comedy in Bollywood. His real name is John Rao. He is an actor, comedian, investor, mimicry artist, singer and a philanthropist. He was born on 14th August, 1957 in Andhra Pradesh. Johnny Lever currently resides in Mumbai with his wife and kids.
In this article, we will discuss about Mr. Johnny Lever’s life, his movies, the actor’s bio and net worth. He began his acting career in Bollywood in the year, and since then, he is one of the most loved and appreciated comedian / actor in the Industry. His first break was the movie “Dard ka Rishta” which was directed by Sunil Dutt.
Johnny Lever Net Worth 2022:
It is estimated to be roughly around $30 million, which in Indian rupees is equal to be 227 crores (227 crores INR). Main source of his wealthy comes from movies and stage shows.
He was bought up in the slums of Dharavi and King’s circle in Mumbai. He lived his childhood in poverty. Johnny Lever studied in the Andhra Education Society English High school upto seventh grade. He had to quit studies after this due to financial problems in the family. He sold pens on the streets of Mumbai by mimicking and dancing like Bollywood stars. Johnny also worked in hotels for a living.
While he turned seventeen, he started doing standup and mimicry shows on stage. He started working in the Hindustan Lever limited (HLL) company when he was eighteen. He continued doing his programmes at the company and also mimicked a few senior officers there. And from there, he got his name “Lever”. From John Rao, he became Johnny Lever.
Johnny Lever House:
House: he lives in a grand 3BHK apartment in Lokhandwala, Andheri west Mumbai. He has few more flats in Mumbai city and a beautiful villa too.
Johnny Lever car:
- Audi Q7 – 1 Crore INR
- Honda Accord – 43.21 lacs
- Toyota fortuner – 27 Lacs
Johnny Lever income
Johnny has his personal investments and he keeps doing charity work which work which aims at making the society a better place to live in. he doesn’t need any dependency to rely upon as his net worth is expected to increase in the coming years because of his effective and selective roles that he plays in his films.
Johnny Lever Biography:
He worked in HLL for 6 years until 1981, when he quit his job as he was earning well from stage shows. Johnny Lever joined Kalyanji Anandji’s music group, got his break in 1982. He did a few TV commercials and audio cassette shows as well.
John Prakash Rao Janumala, also known as Johnny Lever is an Indian film actor and one of the most noted comedians in Hindi cinema. Lever is one of the first stand-up comedians in India. Lever has received 13 Filmfare Awards nominations in Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role, and has won the award twice, for his work in Deewana Mastana (1997) and Dulhe Raja (1998). He began his career in 1984, and has acted in more than three hundred Bollywood films
His first major hit was Bajigar. In the year 1993, He also worked in Tamil, Telugu and Tulu films. He has also made television appearances through shows like comedy circus. He is the president of MAAM (Mimicry Artist Association Mumbai).
It is because of his best comic skills, talent, dedication, hardwork he is one if the richest comic actors in Bollywood.
Johnny Lever Hobbies:
His hobbies include doing charity, listening to music, watching films and doing mimicry. As mentioned he strongly believes in charity. He marked his entry in Bollywood by performing in a charity event called “Hope 86” in front of the “ Crème de la crème” of the industry.
Johnny Lever Awards and Honours:
- Star screen award for best comedian-1997
- Filmfare best comedian award- 1998
- Zee cine award for best actor in a comic role 2002
Johnny Lever fun facts:
Following are some of the most interesting facts about Mr. Lever:
- He has never learnt comedy or acting from any institute.
- He learnt his unique style of comedy from Hyderabad, where he stayed for a short period during his childhood.
- Johnny Lever is one of the first standup comedian in India.
Interesting facts about Johnny Lever
- Lever’s real name is John Rao Prakash Rao Janumala, he was born in Andhra Pradesh as a Hindu and brought up in Dharavi.
- Lever practices Christianity. He has transformed into the religion post his son’s miraculous recovery from cancer.
- Johnny Lever was a dropout from school after the 7th grade due to financial problems.
- Johnny Lever used to sell pen on streets while imitating Hindi film actors.
- His name Johnny Lever was given to him by the workers of Hindustan Lever Ltd Company, during a function when he was mimicking their senior officials.
- He is married to Sujatha and has two children, a daughter Jamie who is a stand-up comedian too and a son Jesse.His younger brother, Jimmy Moses, is also a comedian and mimicry artist
- His father used to work in the same company. Johnny got his last name Lever from the company’s last name. He started using it as his stage name.
- Johnny Lever got his first movie Dard Ka rishta, when Sunil Dutt offered him the role after watching his stage performance.
- Johnny Lever is the president of MAAM (Mimicry Artist Association Mumbai)
- Johnny has a younger brother, Jimmy Moses who is also a popular comedian and standup artist. Jimmy is currently seen in Comedy Dangal.
- Lever is a practicing Christian. When asked about his transition, Lever says:
It was God’s will. I had always been a religious person, but one incident changed my life. My son was diagnosed with throat tumor. I was helpless and turned to God for help. I stopped working in films and spent all my time praying for him. Ten days later, when he was taken for a test, the doctors were surprised because the cancer had vanished. It was the beginning of a new life for me
Johnny Lever Daughter -Jamie
Lever’s younger daughter Jamie Lever is also a comedian and has made a good name in the TV industry. Currently she’ll be seen alongside her uncle in Comedy Dangal
Jamie is the daughter of the comedian Johnny Lever (John Prakash Rao Janumala) and Sujata Janumala. She has a younger brother, Jesse. Jamie received her Master of Marketing Communications degree from University of Westminster, London.
Jamie began her career in August 2012 as a marketing executive at the London-based market research agency Visiongain. She has performed at The Comedy Store, Mumbai from 2012 as a stand-up comedian. She performed on Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali on Sony Entertainment Television in 2013. And also have hosted various shows.
2015 Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon Champa
2019 Housefull 4 Giggly
Disclaimer: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.