Julia Roberts Net Worth 2021 is $170 Million (Rs. 1275 Crores).
Julia Fiona Roberts is an American actress and producer who rose to popularity after starring in various romantic comedies in the 1990’s.Also read about net worth of Steven Spielberg.Rihanna,Oprah Winfrey,Rihanna
Her movies have collectively made $2.8 billion at the US box office and she is considered one of the most reliable stars. Off late she has become choosy and is selecting roles which challenge her.
In this article we will be discussing about Julia Roberts, her career and net worth.
We will discuss about the Julia Roberts who is an American actress and producer. With Julia Roberts finest acting skills, Julia has earned massive respect in film industry, as well as a massive amount of net worth. Julia Roberts established herself as a leading lady in Hollywood after headlining the romantic comedy film Pretty Woman. . Let’s have a detailed look over Mrs. Julia Roberts wealth which can further give as an estimated amount of his net worth.
Julia Roberts Movies Career
she started her career with the film Blood Red in 1987 but the film was not released until 1989 and hence her big screen debut is 1988 released film Satisfaction. She gained recognition in films such as Mystic Pizza released in 1988 and Steel Magnolias. For Steel Magnolias she received many nominations and awards. She established herself in 1990 with the rom-com film Pretty Women which grossed near to half a billion at the box office.
In the year 2000, Roberts starred in the movie Erin Brockovich for which she received rave reviews for her performance along with all major awards. Her other famous movies include American Sweethearts released in 2001, Mona Lisa Smile released in 2003, Valentine’s Day released in 2010 and Wonder released in 2017.
She debuted on television with the show Crime Story in the episode “The Survivor” aired in 1987. then starred in the fourth season of Miami Vice aired in 1988. She has starred in Amazon Prime’s show Homecoming which premiered in 2018.
Julia Roberts is a philanthropist and has given her efforts and time to UNICEF and other charitable organizations. She co-owns the production company Red Om Films with her sister.
Julia Roberts Net Worth
Julia Roberts Net Worth is estimated to be around $170 million which in Indian currency is approx. Rs. 1275 Crores. Her sources of income are remuneration and profit sharing receivable from films and brand endorsements.
|Net Worth (2020)||$ 170 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||1275 Crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||10 Crore +|
|yearly Income||100 Crore +|
Julia Roberts Movie Remuneration salary
She is the first actress to receive $20 million (INR 150 Crores) as salary that too in the year 2000 and was paid $3 million (INR 22.50 Crores) plus 3% profit sharing for her six minute part in 2010 released Valentine’s Day. She was paid $6, 00,000 per episode (INR 4.50 Crores) for starring in Homecoming. Additionally she also received remuneration for being executive producer of the show.
Cosmetic giant Lancôme reportedly paid $50 million (INR 375 Crores) to Roberts to endorse its products for a period of five years.
Julia Roberts property House
Julia Roberts purchased a 6200 square feet property in San Francisco for $8.3 million (INR 62.25 Crores) and owns an apartment in Manhattan which is worth $4 million and Ranch in Taos, New Mexico worth $2.5 million (INR 18.75 Crores). Julia owns Toyota Prius which is worth $25,000 (INR 18.75 lacs).
About Julia Roberts Biography
Julia Roberts was born on 28th October, 1967 in Smyrna, Georgia, United States. Julia attended Campbell High School and later enrolled to Georgia State University for graduation in journalism. She never dreamed to be an actor and as child she wanted to be a veterinarian. Before completing graduation she left to New York for pursuing career in acting.
|Full Name||Julia Fiona Roberts|
|Born:||28 October 1967|
|Place||Smyrna, Georgia, United States|
|Spouse:||Daniel Moder (m. 2002), Lyle Lovett (m. 1993–1995)|
|Net Worth||$170 million (Rs 1275 Crore INR)|
Julia Roberts : Awards and Recognition
- Nominated four times for the Academy Awards and won one in 2000 for Best Actress for the movie Erin Brockovich.
- Nominated eight times for the Golden Globe Awards and has won three, in year 1989 for Best Supporting Actress for Steel Magnolias, in year 1990 and 2000 for Best Actress for Pretty Women and Erin Brockovich respectively.
- Julia Roberts is Nominated three times for BAFTA Awards and won one in 2000 for Best Actress for Erin Brockovich.
- Satellite Awards in 2019 for Best Actress in a television drama series for Homecoming.
- People Magazine named Julia Roberts the Most Beautiful Woman in the World for five times.
10 unknown interesting facts about julia robert
- Julia Roberts took her first breaths on October 28, 1967. Born in the city of Smyrna, Georgia, performing was always in her blood. Her father ran a local acting school, where he taught the daughter of Martin Luther King Jr. In fact, as a thank you for instructing the girl, Mrs. King actually covered the hospital bill for little Julia’s birth.
- Despite her parents’ shared love of the performing arts, Mr. and Mrs. Roberts divorced when Julia was just four years old. Her childhood just got worse. Not even a year later, Roberts’s mother Betty remarried with a man named Michael Motes—and he was bad . According to Roberts’s brother Eric, the siblings’ new stepfather was “abusive.”
- Roberts has said that she hated her new stepdad.Shortly after giving birth to a daughter, Julia’s mother Betty Lou filed to divorce her second husband, citing cruelty as the reason for the split. All of this happened before Julia even graduated from high school.
- when Julia was only ten years old, her biological father passed of throat cancer.
- Roberts played the clarinet in the band and wanted to become a veterinarian. But all that got put on hold after she graduated from her small Georgia high school. In 1985, Roberts moved to New York City, signed with a modelling agency, and started taking acting classes.
- Liam Neeson and Roberts quickly struck up an intense romance. There was just one problem: Neeson was 35 and Roberts was just 19 years old. Despite the enormous age gap, the new couple moved in together at a breakneck speed—before fizzling out after a year.
- In 1988, julia robert struck gold with the hit coming-of-age film Mystic Pizza. Upon release, she became a star overnight.
- Roberts was in a stall when a girl asked if she’d been in Mystic Pizza. Confused, Roberts replied that she had, only for the girl to ask for her autograph and slide a napkin under the stall door. Roberts understandably asked her to wait until she was done in the restroom.
- After breaking out in Mystic Pizza, Roberts played another role in the classic sobfest Steel Magnolias. This movie is notoriously sad, According to Shirley MacLaine, the movie’s director was horrible to everyone, but he “went after Julia with a vengeance” even though it was one of her first big movies.
Ross criticized all his stars, even telling seasoned actresses that they couldn’t perform. But everyone agreed that he was hardest on Roberts. ally Field said that he hated Roberts’s beauty marks and tell her to cut off her “warts” and “moles.” Unsurprisingly, Roberts just cried after finishing a long day on set.
But Steel Magnolias wasn’t all bad. While filming the movie, Roberts swapped Liam Neeson for a hot young actor name Dylan McDermott. He played her fiancé in the film, and clearly their chemistry moved off screen too.
The couple were so in love that McDermott asked Roberts to marry him. She said yes—but their engagement wouldn’t last long…
The performance that really put Roberts on the map was Vivian, the call girl with a heart of gold, in Pretty Woman. The movie came out in 1990 and immediately catapulted Roberts onto the A List. At just 22 years old, she was now a world known star and an Oscar nominee.
on the set of Roberts’s next movie, the supernatural thriller Flatliners, Roberts had another romantic swap. She returned her engagement ring to Dylan McDermott and promptly began dating her co-star, Kiefer Sutherland.
- Kiefer Sutherland wasn’t exactly honest when he got together with Roberts. In fact, he was already married to another woman—and he had a young child too. Roberts separated from his wife and began seeing his new girlfriend. Roberts was thrilled with her new boyfriend.
- Sutherland and Roberts’s love phase didn’t last long. Sutherland had struggled with alcohol issues in the past. He moved out of Roberts’s mansion and into a grimy hotel. Sutherland claimed that he did all this to prepare for a role—but that wasn’t the whole story.
- Sutherland’s liked to spend a lot of time with an dancer named Raven.Even so, Sutherland and Roberts patched things up and moved back in together.
Raven did a Hollywood mistress move: she sold her story to the press. In a spicy interview, she claimed that Sutherland used to complain about Roberts and specifically, about her cold and condescending personality. Sutherland’s people immediately denied that he’d been more than friends with Raven.
Roberts gleefully confirmed that she and Sutherland had (evidently) patched things up. Sutherland and Roberts moved fast. They set their wedding date for just four short weeks after Sutherland popped the question. The extraganza wedding involved 150 guests, an $8,000 custom made gown for Roberts, and, as the big day approached, a truly insane amount of drama.
After telling Sutherland she couldn’t go through with the ceremony, she boarded a plane to Ireland—and she wasn’t alone. Roberts escaped from LA with her new beau: the young actor Jason Patric who was also, in a very awkward twist, Sutherland’s good friend.
Roberts wasn’t just making headlines for her tumultuous love life. She was also struggling at work on her acting career. she acted in the movie Sleeping With The Enemy in South Carolina.
- She Wasn’t Always Easy To Work With
Steven Spielberg’s 1991 movie Hook transported children to a magical fantasy world.
- Veering from sadness to hyperactivity, Roberts was such a terror that the crew nicknamed her “Tinkerhell.”
- A Major Director Shaded Her
In an interview about making Hook, the director Steven Spielberg threw some light on Roberts.He revealed that she would refuse to come out of her trailer for hours and even implied that he wouldn’t work with her again.
- By 1992, Roberts was becoming known as a bit of a maneater. she ended her relationship with Jason Patric and did a complete 180. Instead of dating another Hollywood star, she fell for the pompadoured country singer, Lyle Lovett, and took “whirlwind romance” to the next level. They only dated for three weeks before getting married.
- She Rushed Into A Wedding
- She Was Caught With Another Man
paparazzi snapped pictures of Roberts dancing with her usual type of guy: the up and coming Hollywood heartthrob, Ethan Hawke
- she added messed up family dynamics to the list. Roberts’s brother Eric had recently split up with his wife Kelly Cunningham, leading the exes to battle for custody of their infant daughter. She actually paid for his ex’s lawyers, making her low opinion of her brother crystal clear.
- Roberts’ fight with Nick Nolte is widely popular. The two starred together in the 1994 film I Love Trouble and seemed determined to live up to the title of their movie.
- According to rumors, Roberts exhibited some diva behavior on set, He would irritate her as much as possible, derailing the production even further. As a sign of how much they hated each other
- For years, Roberts has donated her time and resources to UNICEF, even traveling to Port-au-Prince with the organization in 1995. She also narrated a documentary about Rett syndrome to raise awareness about the neuro-developmental disorder.
- She started dating Chandler Bing after guest-starring on the show, only for the romance to end a year later. By now, you’ve probably noticed that Roberts has a thing for her co-stars.
- Roberts was…not the easiest person to accommodate. The movie filmed in London and instead of enjoying Old Blighty, Roberts demanded that she have a jet plane available at all times, just in case she decided to visit her home in L.A. The cost of this perk Over $120,000.
- In 1998, Julia Roberts met Benjamin Bratt and fell head over heels for the handsome actor (you probably know him as the hot FBI agent in Miss Congeniality).
- If you ever want some Hollywood gossip, just watch a clip of Hugh Grant on a chat show. This man kisses and tells like no one else—and he didn’t mince his words when it came to his Notting Hill co-star, Julia Roberts. When asked about kissing Roberts, he looked uncomfortable and joked about her notoriously large mouth, quipping “I was aware of a faint echo as I was kissing her.”
- In 1999, Julia Roberts caused yet another of her signature scandals. She wore a spaghetti strap dress to the premiere of Notting Hill and, gasp, didn’t shave her armpits! Roberts’s unshaven underarms caused an absolute uproar in the press
- In 2000, she received rave reviews for her performance as the whistleblower Erin Brockovich, eventually winning the Best Actress Oscar. The press noticed that in her acceptance speech, Roberts forgot to mention one very important person: the real-life Erin Brockovich. Awkward.
- As Roberts’s relationship with Bratt got ruined , the exes each accused the other of cheating and not being ready to settle down.
- While Roberts was shooting The Mexican in 2001, she was still dating Benjamin Bratt.
- They started to change when she met the movie’s cinematographer, Danny Moder. Moder and Roberts had a lot in common: they were both tall and attractive. Roberts had a boyfriend but Moder had a wife.
- Moder was already married to a makeup artist named Vera Steimberg, and Roberts wanted her out of the picture, stat. She reportedly offered Steimberg $10,000 if she’d agree to a quickie divorce from Moder. Whether Steimberg took the money or not, Roberts got her wish: Moder filed for divorce in 2001.
- Roberts was seen wearing a handmade shirt that said “A Low Vera.” People quickly wondered if it was a dig at her man’s ex-wife, Vera Steimberg. When Oprah asked Roberts about the headline-inducing T-shirt, Roberts just said, “It was private” before adding, “I stand by my T-shirt.”
- She gave an infamous interview where she called Roberts “a husband stealer.”Roberts and Moder continued their romance. Like all couples in the early 2000s, they got tattoos of each other’s initials. By 2002, they were husband and wife.
- Roberts have ink of Danny Moder’s initials on her lower back, she’s added to the tattoo over the years. It’s now surrounded by the names of her three children.
- Roberts’s record-breaking $20 million paycheck for Erin Brockovich. It’s rumored that she’s earned at least $20 million for each role ever since.
- In 2004, Roberts became a mother to not just one baby but two. She and Moder had twins named Phinnaeus and Hazel. Having children made her realize that she wanted to reconcile with her estranged brother Eric.
- Two years after giving birth, Roberts stepped out of her comfort zone and starred in her first Broadway play, Three Days of Rain. Roberts received terrible reviews, and the star-studded show, which also featured Paul Rudd and Bradley Cooper, only lasted for 70 performances.
- She had another son, Henry, and took two years off. She only returned to the screen in 2009 for the romantic-comedy Duplicity. While discussing her break, Roberts said, “I don’t have the bug to work. I have the bug to make good movies, and those don’t come along very often.”
Despite Roberts’s track record with blockbusters, the movie only made a modest profit.
- In 2009, she did an impression of a bratty actor throwing a tantrum on a talk show. After virtually everyone pointed out that Roberts sounded a lot like Nolte, she confirmed that he was her target all along.
- Roberts has her trademark teeth insured for a cool $30 million.
- Julia Roberts has starred opposite Hollywood’s hunkiest men: Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Richard Gere, and Denzel Washington. But, as many people noticed, in The Pelican Brief, Roberts’s and Washington’s characters never kissed, even though they got together in the book that inspired the movie.
It was Washington who declined, claiming that viewers wouldn’t like a romance between a white woman and a Black man. Apparently, Washington feared that kissing Roberts would tick off his Black female fans.