Kamala Harris Net Worth: $7 million
|Net Worth:||$7 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Oct 20, 1964 (57 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Oakland, California, U.S.|
Kamala Harris net worth is around $7 million. Kamala Harris is the first Black, South Asian, and woman vice president of the United States.
She is a role model for millions of women across the world. The Vice President of the United States is not an easy thing to achieve in a woman’s life. But she did it and deserves the role to play wisely. The majority of her net worth can be attributed to income earned by her husband since 2012, attorney Doug Emhoff.
Kamala Harris Earnings and salary:
The current salary of Kamala Harris is $157 thousand. In addition to this salary, Harris is also provided with travel allowance, House Rent Allowance, and other perquisites. As part of the job, Kamala Harris will also be provided with a Private Jet plane for family, 24 Hour Secret Service Security, and other advantages.
She received a gross amount of more than $140000, according to her tax returns for 2004. On the other side, Emhoff has reported earning more than $1 million every year on their joint tax filings.
The couple’s joint assets and liabilities were worth somewhere between $1 million and $3.9 million, as per the financial disclosure form, she filled out for U.S Senate 2015. The vast majority of her net worth is attributable to her husband Douglas Emhoff.
Since 2018, she has reported earning $879,000 from writing, according to her tax filings. Especially, Kamala earned approximately $320,000 from her book, “The Truths We Hold.” As vice president, Harris now earns $230,700, 33% more than she did as a senator.
In April 2019, Kamala released 15 years of tax returns and they are praised for their transparency in the political field. Based on that, she and her husband earned around $1.9 million in 2018. The couple paid $697,000 in taxes and donated $27,000 to charity, the same year.
As per the disclosure, her family has assets worth $2.5 to $6 million and roughly $3 million worth of mortgages liabilitie . Most of the family’s liquid assets are invested in mutual funds and retirement accounts.
Kamala Harris House & Real Estate:
Kamala Harris owned homes in Los Angeles and Washington D.C. worth an estimated $5 million, two pensions from the California government worth $1 million, and approximately $1.2 million of retirement accounts for Emhoff, as per the portfolio shared by her.
Kamala Harris currently stayed in her own house in Oakland, California. It is a huge 8,500-square-foot home. The value of the home is said to be about $13 Million. It has the following luxury features and amenities, which are a big wine cellar, 9 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, 2 Plunge Pools, and many more.
According to Forbes, Kamala Harris’s assets include 5 real estate properties, 7 luxury Cars, and 2 yachts. Kamala Harris’s Assets Portfolio also includes Cash Reserves of over $11 Million. She also owns an investment portfolio of 10 stocks that are valued at $8 Million.
Kamala and Doug own a handful of homes that have a combined estimated value of $8-10 million. In 2012, Doug Emhoff paid $2.7 million for a home in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Brentwood. Currently, this home is worth around $5 million.
In 2004, Kamala bought an apartment for $490,000 in San Francisco and sold it in March 2021 for $860,000. In 2017, Kamala and Doug bought for a condo worth $1.775 million in Washington D.C. They announced his condo for sale in April 2021 for $1.995 million. And finally, they sold it in September 2021 for $1.85 million.
She bought a condo for about $300,000 in SoMa city and sold that property for $860,000. Kamala Harris has recently bought a Jaguar XF for $75,000 USD. In addition to that, Kamala Harris also owns a Porsche Cayenne that cost her $260,000 USD. A Few other cars owned by Kamala Harris are Lincoln Nautilus, Range Rover Sport, Lexus GX, Aston Martin Vantage.
Kamala Harris Biography:
|Born||Kamala Devi Harris|
October 20, 1964 (age 57)
Oakland, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Doug Emhoff (m.2014)|
|Parent(s)||Donald J. HarrisShyamala Gopalan|
|Residence(s)||Number One Observatory Circle|
|Education||Howard University (BA)University of California, Hastings (JD)|
Kamala Devi Harris was born in Oakland, California in October 1964. Her mother was a Tamil Indian biologist who works in breast cancer research, named Shyamala Gopalan.
Her parents belonged to India and Jamaica. Her parents got divorced at the age of seven after the arrival of her younger sister Maya. At the age of 12, they moved to Montreal, and continued higher studies in California.
Kamala Harris Educational Qualification:
Harris completed her graduation (Political Science and Economics) in the United States at Howard University in Washington, D.C, and completed her Law degree in California in 1989. She began her career in the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office in 1990. In 1994, Speaker of the California Assembly Willie Brown, chose her for the state Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Later on, she was switched to the California Medical Assistance Commission. In 1998, Harris has appointed as an Assistant District attorney at the San Francisco district attorney’s office.
Kamala Harris Political Career:
- In 2003, She won the district attorney position in San Francisco.
- In 2010, she competes for the Attorney General of California, and her re-election happened in 2014. That election has shown a red signal for her and becomes the state’s first black woman to hold the position.
- She served as the 32nd Attorney General of California, from January 2011 to January 2017.
- Next to that, Harris continued her journey as the junior United States senator from California from 2017 to 2021.
- She become the second African American woman and the first South Asian American to serve in the United States Senate. Since, Harris conquered Loretta Sanchez in the 2016 Senate election.
- In 2019, she dropped out of the race due to a lack of financial resources. But still, she was one of the wealthiest candidates even after Michael Bloomberg entered the race, according to The New York Times.
- Harris competes for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. Joe Biden selected her as his running mate and defeat the president, Donald Trump, and vice president, Mike Pence, in the 2020 election.
Kamala Harris Husband, Childrens:
Kamala Harris is married to Douglas Emhoff since 2014. Douglas was an entertainment litigator for a law organization Venable in Los Angeles. Douglas was a divorced father of two children.
Kamala Harris Interesting Facts:
- The height of Kamala Harris is 5 feet 4 inches (1.64m).
- Kamala Harris has no children on her own. But she accepts Emhoff’s two children and is affectionate with them as a stepmother. They call her ‘Momala’.
- Kamala Harris has involved in the Civil rights movement at a very young age.
- Usually, she goes to Hindu temple and a Black Baptist church
- The Wikipedia page of Kamala Harris is edited more than 400 times in one month.
- Kamala Harris likes to read novels.
- Kamala Harris likes cooking and spending time with her family.
Kamala Harris Awards and honours of Harris:
- The National Black Prosecutors Association awarded the Thurgood Marshall Award 2005.
- The Newsweek report honours her as “20 of America’s Most Powerful Women” and “Tough Fighter” by the New York Times.
- Bipartisan Justice Center awarded Harris the Bipartisan Justice Award along with Senator Tim Scott.