Michael Jordan Net Worth:$1.65 Billion (approx.)
|Net Worth:||$1.65 Billion (approx.)|
|Salary:||$40 Million +|
|Monthly Income:||$3 Million +|
|Date of Birth:||February 17, 1963|
|Height:||1.98 m (6′ 6″)|
|Profession:||Basketball player, Businessman|
Michael Jordan net worth is around $1.65 Billion. Michael Jordan is a former Basketball player of America. Michael Jordan is one of the best basketball players of all time.
Jordan is in the list of elite few sportsmen who are billionaires. Jordan has won gold for USA in Olympics.
What is Michael Jordan Net Worth?:
Michael Jordan net worth is around $1.65 billion which he earned from his basketball career, brand endorsement, his brand ‘Jordan’.
Michael Jordan is the first NBA player to become a billionaire.
Michael Jordan Earnings:
Micheal Jordan earns $40 million annually.
- Name Michael Jordan
- Net Worth (2022) $1.65 Billion
- Profession Businessmen and Basketball
- Monthly Income And Salary $3 Million +
- yearly Income $40 Million +
Michael Jordan House
Michael Jordan owns a very expensive house. Michael Jordan has a huge home in Highland Park, Illinois.
Michael Jordan Car Collection :
Michael Jordan has good collection of cars. Michael owns most expensive cars like Aston Martin DB9 Volante, Chevrolet ZR1 40th anniversary edition, Ferrari 512 TR and many more.
|Sr. No.||Michael Jordan Cars||Price (in USD)|
|2.||Porsche 930 Turbo Cabriolet||$200,000|
|3.||Chevrolet Corvette C5||$45,000|
|4.||Chevrolet Corvette ZR1||$60,000|
|6.||Range Rover HSE 4.6||$70,000|
|7.||Aston Martin DB9 Volante||$215,000|
|8.||Ferrari 488 Pista Spider||$350,000|
|9.||Ferrari 550 Maranello||$175,000|
|10.||Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano||$ 300,000|
|11.||Porsche 993 Turbo S||$375,000|
Michael Jordan is associated with Nike and is closely associated with Chevrolet as well. Michael first endorsement deal was with a Chevrolet dealership. Jordan was given a 1984 C4 Corvette for a commercial. The car is powered by a 5.7L V8 engine. The silver sports car features an Illinois licence plate with “JUMP 23” on it.
Michael Jordan also is the proud owner of a C5. It has a 5.7-litre V8 engine; commonly known as the LS1. Car generates 345 HP and can do 0-60 mph in 5 seconds. It has a 50-50% front-rear weight distribution.
This high-performance C4 Corvette was produced from 1990 to 1995. Its engine generates 375 HP and is 91 kg heavier than the standard Corvette. It can do 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds. Its top speed is around 179 mph.
Michael Jordan bought the 512TR when he won his first NBA championship with the Chicago Bulls in 1991. The 512 TR was the evolution of the Testarossa. The car gets power from a 4.9 litre flat 12 engine that generates 422 HP and 491 Nm of torque. Car can go from 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds. This car has top speed of 195 mph.
Michael Jordan Biography:
|Real Name:||Michael Jeffrey Jordan|
|Nick Name:||Michael Jordan|
|Birth Place:||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||17 February 1963|
|Age/How Old:||59 years|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 198 cm|
In Feet and Inches – 6’5”
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 90 kg|
In Pounds – 198 lbs
|Parents Name:||Father – James R. Jordan, Sr.|
Mother – Deloris Jordan
|Siblings:||Yes (James Jordan Jr., Roslyn Jordan, Larry Jordan and Deloris Jordan)|
|School:||Emsley A. Laney High School|
|College:||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Yes (Yvette Prieto (m. 2013), Juanita Vanoy (m. 1989-2006)|
|Kids/Children Name:||Yes (Marcus Jordan, Ysabel Jordan, Jeffrey Jordan, Jasmine Jordan and Victoria Jordan)|
|Profession:||American former professional Basketball player and the principal owner of Charlotte Hornets of the NBA|
|Net Worth:||$1.65 billion|
Michael Jordan was born on 17 February 1963 in Brooklyn, New York where he used to live with his parents and four siblings. Michael Jordan was born to James R. Jordan Sr. and Deloris Jordan. Michael has two brothers, two sisters.
With his muscles, physical strength, and height it was obvious for Michael Jordanto be a basketball player. Michael Jordan first played basketball when he was in school where he became a sensation.
Michael Jordan Education:
Michael Jordan completed his schooling from Emsley A. Laney High School. For higher studies Michael moved to University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Jordan started playing basketball in his college where he was a superstar and lead his team to victory.
Michael Jordan Career:
Michael Jordan started his career in basketball in college but the real professional game started when he was signed by a NBA team, Chicago Bulls in 1984. Michael Jordan played 10 years from the team before takin a short break from basketball. Jordan joined Washington Wizards in 2001 and he played there till 2003.
Michael Jordan is not only a phenomenal basketball player but a professional businessman too. Michael Jordan has a shoe brand, Jordan which is considered as one of the most costliest shoe brand of this world.
He also does a lot of brand endorsement for Nike and several other brands. His brand ‘Jordan’ is in collaboration with Nike which makes it even more big.
Michael Jordan Awards:
Michael Jordan has a successful career and Jordan has won numerous awards and milestones. He has won NBA six times; Olympic gold medal two times; Pan American Gold medal etc. He has his statue placed near United Centre. Michael Jordan has also won Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2016.
Michael Jordan Relationship status, Wife, Childrens:
Initially, Michael Jordan was in a relationship with Juanita Vanoy whom he married in 1989. He has 3 children from her but in 2002 they decided to separate and filed for divorce.
Later in 2011, Michael Jordan met Yvette Prieto with whom he married in 2013. The couple had a twin daughter in 2014.
Though Michael Jordan lives an extremely busy life he has never failed to give his family proper time. Jordan used to spend every bit of free time with his family.
Michael Jordan has been in a relationship many times but now he is married and living his life happily.
Micheal Jordan Interesting facts:
- Michael Jordan’s childhood idol was Magic Johnson and his own nickname was “Magic Jordan” as a result. Jordan even had a license plate with this nickname on it on his first car — a 1976 Grand Prix
- Michael Jordan’s first basketball trainer was his Own father.
- A tragic incident in his childhood led to a lifetime water phobia . He Saw a friend get sucked into the ocean’s undertow and drown. He was eleven then, he himself almost drowned while at baseball camp. To this day he is not comfortable on boats and around large bodies of water.
- Jordan had a breakout senior year in basketball and his future changed course. As a senior averaging a triple-double (29.2 points, 11.6 rebounds, and 10.1 assists) he was selected to the McDonald’s All-American Team.
- Michael Jordan was named the NCAA College Player of the Year in both 1983 and in 1984.
- In 1984, Michael Jordan was selected as a member of the U.S. Olympic basketball team. And the team won GOLD at the Los Angeles games that year.
- The 1984 contract (over seven years) of the rookie third overall draft pick with superhuman leaping ability was worth $6.15 million. Michael scored an average of 28.2 points per game and helped the Bulls make it to the playoffs. Jordan received the NBA Rookie of the Year Award in 1985 and was also selected for the NBA All-Star Game. He was off to a great start.
- His high leaps, performing slam dunks from the free-throw line during slam dunk contests, got him nicknames “His Airness” and “Air Jordan”.
- Jordan won 6 NBA Championships, made 14 NBA All-Star appearances, and won 5 NBA most valuable player awards. He was Defensive Player of the Year in 1988.
- Jordon won all of his games in the NBA Finals in which he participated except one. That’s why he is the most decorated player in the NBA, past or present.
- Sports Illustrated Magazine presented Michael Jordan as the greatest athlete of the past 50 years in their 1996 edition.
- ESPN ranked Jordan the 20th century’s greatest North American athlete, even over sports icons Muhammad Ali and Babe Ruth. He is indisputably one of the NBA’s all-time greatest players.
Jordan’s favorite jersey number was 23. He was number 23 in high school and college as well as for his career with the Chicago Bulls. Only once did he wear another number when playing for them. On Valentine’s Day in 1990, a thief stole his jersey from the locker room before the game. Jordan tried on a fan’s replica jersey but it was too small. The equipment manager found an extra jersey that only had a number and no name on it. He was number 12 for the night and still scored 49 points.
- Jordan’s persona made him a star. He starred first in the 1996 feature film Space Jam in which he played himself. This movie mixed animation and live-action and included cartoon legends Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny.
- Jordan has his own line of sports shoes called Air Jordan. They were introduced in 1985 and remain popular today. He makes around $60 million annually from Nike and Jordan brand royalties. Today Nike’s Jordan Brand generates $1 billion in sales.
- Jordan’s deal with Nike almost didn’t come to fruition. Michael wanted to wear Adidas and was also offered a deal to endorse a small brand called Spot-Bilt. Nike offered a then-enormous deal of $500,000 annually for five years.
- Nike launched Air Jordan and by the end of 1985, the line had earned more than $100 million in revenue. An ironic note is that Jordan didn’t care for his first shoes, the Air Jordan I. He soon changed his mind when he realized the shoes distracted the other players.
- Before 1997, Jordan never earned more than $4 million in a season playing basketball. He was the league’s highest-paid player in only two of his seasons. In 1997 he was paid $30 million and in 1998 he was paid $33 million.
- From 2004 until the end of 2013 he owned Michael Jordan Motorsports. This company had a professional closed-course motorcycle racing team. They competed in the AMA-sanctioned Superbike Championship with two Suzukis.
- Michael is the first former NBA player to become the majority owners of an NBA team and the only African-American majority owner of an NBA team. He joined the Forbes’ list of international billionaires in 2015, the first professional athlete to achieve this kind of success.
- Jordan was married to Juanita Vanoy for 17 years and they have 3 children together: Jeffrey, Marcus, and Jasmine. They divorced in 2002, reconciled, then divorced again in 2006 for good. The divorce was an amicable and mutual term. At that time, their divorce settlement of $168 million was the most expensive celebrity divorce in history.
- Jordan’s father, James Jordan, was shot to death by 2 teenage thieves while he slept in his car. They dumped his body in a swamp in South Carolina, where it was discovered in Bennettsville. They were caught, convicted and sentenced to life in prison. His father’s murder was responsible for Jordan’s decision to switch to baseball, as his father had encouraged him to do for several years before his death.
Michael Jordan is one the most successful athelete the world has ever seen. Michael has created a huge success from his basketball career as well as from his brand and business. Jordan is a phenomenal sportsman who has made NBA popular. Michael is acknowledged and admired by most around the world.