Rajat Sharma Net Worth: $15 Million (Rs 120 Crores)
|Net Worth:||$15 Million|
|Net Worth In Rupees:||120 Crore INR|
|Salary:||3.60 Crore +|
|Monthly Income:||30 Lakhs +|
|Date of Birth:||February 18, 1957|
|Height:||1.8 M (5′ 9”)|
Rajat sharma is Chairman and Editor-in-chief of INDIA TV. Rajat Sharma Net Worth is $15 Million (Rs 110 Crores) Rajat is known globally for his famous talk show “Aap Ki Adalat”.
|Net Worth ()||$15 Million|
|Net Worth In Rupees||120 Crore INR|
|Monthly Income And Salary||30 Lakhs +|
|Yearly Income||3.60 Crore +|
|Last Updated||([current_date format=’F, Y’])|
His annual salary is Rs. 3.60 crores and his net worth is estimated to be $ 15 million. $ 15 million is around 120 Crores INR!
His major source of income is the salary that he receives from India TV for hosting its prime-time show Ajj ki Baat and chat show Aap ki Adalat, and profits which he receives from the stake that he owns in the channel India TV. He owns majority stake in India TV. So, we can imagine how much he would be earning by way of profits from his channel.
Rajat Sharma Biography:
Rajat Sharma was born on 18 February 1957 in Delhi. He completed is schooling from Ramjas School, Karol Bagh, New Delhi. He did his M. com from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi.
|Age||65 years old (2023)|
|Official Twitter Handle|
|Birth Date||18 February 1957|
|Spouse:||Ritu Dhawan (m. 1997)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021||120 Crore INR|
|Awards:||Padma Bhushan, ITA Award for Best Anchor – News/Current Affairs show|
|Nominations:||Indian Telly Award for Best News Anchor, Indian Telly Award for Best Anchor/s|
|Education:||Shri Ram College of Commerce (1974–1980), Ramjas School Pusa Road|
Sharma was born in Sabzi Mandi, Delhi. He grew up with his 6 brothers and 1 sister. He did his schooling from Ramjas School, Karolbagh. He did his higher studies from the Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) and joined Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad.
Rajat Sharma Career
- He joined Onlooker Magazine as a trainee and later on became its editor in the year 1985.
- He then joined Sunday Observer as an editor.
- At present, he is the Chairman and Editor – in – Chief of India TV and his known for his chat show “Aap ki Adalat” through which he has interviewed more than 750 guests which includes interviews with the most popular celebrities like Mr. Narendra Modi, Mr. Balasaheb Thackrey among others.
After having completed his Master’s degree (M Com), he was hired as a researcher by Janardan Thakur, a journalist who had just quit Ananda Bazar Patrika to start a new syndicate column. Subsequently, he joined the Onlooker Magazine as a trainee and then went on to become its editor in 1985. By this time, Rajat Sharma had shifted base to Mumbai. After having spent three years at Onlooker, he joined Sunday Observer as an editor and later on The Daily again as the editor.
It was in 1992 that he bumped into Zee TV’s Subhash Chandra during a flight to Delhi and it was in the midst of a casual conversation that the concept of Aap Ki Adalat took shape. In 1993, the first episode of Aap Ki Adalat was shot for Zee TV with Lalu Yadav, the former-Chief Minister of Bihar. Rajat Sharma has interviewed more than 750 guests on his show and recently Aap Ki Adalat celebrated 21 years of broadcast thereby making it the longest running show in India’s television history.He also hosts the prime time show Aaj Ki Baat on India TV.
He was one of the presidents of Delhi Cricket Association.
Rajat Sharma House
Rajat Sharma House: Rajat lives in a grand apartment with his wife Ritu Dhawan Sharma.
Rajat Sharma Cars collection:
He is the owner of cars of luxurious brands like Audi, BMW, etc.
Awards and Recognition
We all know how super talented Mr. Rajat Sharma is. So, to promote his talent and skills, he has been bestowed with a lot of awards and recognitions.
Rajat Sharma Interesting Facts:
- He is known to be friends with Big Bollywood stars and politicians.
- He incorporated his own media channel in 1997 through Independent News Service Private Limited which is the parent company of India TV.
- His show Aap ki Adalat is the longest running show in India’s television history. First show was aired on 14 March 1993 with Lalu Prasad Yadav.
- His interview with Mr. Narendra Modi just before the 2014 general elections broke all the TRP rating records of TV news viewership. 74% Hindi news television viewers in India watched this interview as per records, which was a huge motivating factor for the elections.
- He earned Rs. 300/- as a trainee for Onlooker Magazine, and now we can see how his earnings have crossed all limits and broken all records.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the net worth of Rajat Sharma?
Rajat Sharma’s total net worth is around $15 Million (Rs.110 Crores).
What is the real age of Rajat Sharma?
Currently Rajat Sharma is 64 years old (18 February 1957).
What is the Salary of Rajat Sharma?
Rajat Sharma earns an estimated salary of Rs.3.60 crore Per Year.
What is Rajat Sharma Height?
The Height of Rajat Sharma is 1.8 M (5′ 9”).
What is the name of Rajat Sharma’s Wife?
Rajat Sharma Wife name is Ritu Dhawan (m. 1997)