Robert Downey Jr Net Worth: $300 Million (approx.)
|Net Worth:||$300 Million (approx.)|
|Date of Birth:||Apr 4, 1965|
|Age:||57 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.74 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Singer-songwriter, Comedian|
|Nationality:||United States of America|
Robert Downey Jr Net Worth is around $300 Million. Robert Downey Jr is one of the most popular actors in Hollywood .
Whenever SCI FI action movies are disccused , very few names that pop up; one of them is Robert Downey Jr. Mr. Downey has maintained perfect cominc timing and perfectly portraying the cool saviour’s role .
Robert Downey Jr, the second-biggest-grossing box office star of all time, is popular for playing Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, who just happens to be an astonishingly rich man with an eye for cars. He’s essayed the role in ten different movies, which may explain why life and art have begun to blend together seamlessly.
In this article, we will discuss about the Super hero and charming Mr. Robert Downey Jr. Let’s have a detailed look over Mr. Downey’s wealth which can further give as an estimated amount of his net worth.
How much is robert downey jr net worth?:
|Name||Robert Downey Jr.|
|Net Worth ()||$300 Million|
|Last Updated||(February, 2023)|
Robert Downey Jr net worth is estimated to be $300 Million.
A greater amount of Robert Downey Jr earnings goes to various charity programmes.
Robert Downey Jr has gained huge respect in film industry, as well as a massive amount of net worth. . Let’s have a incisive look over Mr. Robert Downey Jr’s wealth which can further give as an estimated amount of his net worth
What is robert downey jr net worth?:
Robert Downey Jr net worth is estimated to be $300 Million.
|Estimated Net Worth||223 Million (approx.)|
|Annual Income||24 Million (approx.)|
|Personal Investment||130 Million (approx.)|
|Luxury-Cars||4 Million (approx.)|
Robert Downey Jr has invested heavily in real estate business and is also a film producer.
Check This: Stan Lee Net Worth
Robert Downey Jr Income:
In case of any celebrities, a lot of their earnings depend on fan following. Robert Downey Jr is one of the most popular actor in the world of cinema. Apart from acting, Mr. Downey is also a film producer . Thus, we can be very sure that the net worth of Robert Downey Jr. sir will keep on growing through the years.
How much Robert Downey Jr earned?:
Between 2016 and 2017, Robert Downey Jr earned approximately $50 million, making him one of the highest-paid actors in the world. Between 2017 and 2018, Robert Downey Jr earned $80 million. Between June 2018 and June 2019, he earned $65 million.
|Robert Downey, Jr’s Total income From Marvel|
|Iron Man I||$500 thousand|
|Iron Man II||$10 million|
|Iron Man III||$75 million|
|The Avengers||$50 million ($10 million base + $40 million backend bonus)|
|Avengers: Age of Ultron||$40 million|
|Captain America: Civil War||$40 million|
|Spider-Man Homecoming||$15 million|
|Avengers: Infinity War||$40 million|
|Avengers: End Game||$75 million|
Robert Downey Jr earned “just” $500,000 off the first Iron Man movie. Outside of Marvel, some of Robert Downey Jr biggest paydays include the $12 million for the 2010 movie “Due Date” and $15 million for 2011’s “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows”.
Depending on various box office milestones, Robert will earn at least $40 million and as much as $75 million off “Avengers: Endgame”. He also has a lucrative endorsement deal with Chinese phone company OnePlus.
Robert Downey Jr House:
Robert Downey Jr owns a number of homes in the Los Angeles area. Robert Downey Jr has owned a $4 million home in Santa Monica since 2012. In 2009 he spent $13.44 million to buy a seven-acre estate in Malibu that features equestrian facilities.
Robert Downey Jr owns a different house in Malibu that he bought in 2017 for $4 million. Robert Downey Jr owns many residential and commercial properties in Venice, California, a $2.5 million home in the Pacific Palisades, and a beachfront home in Manhattan beach.
In total, Robert Downey Jr property portfolio is likely worth $40-50 million alone.
The main house where Robert Downey Jr lives has a measure of 3,538 square feet even though it looks much larger, contains 4 bedrooms and, according to listing information, there are another 2 bedrooms in a barn converted to a guesthouse. The cost of the house is around $13.8 Million USD.
Robert Downey Jr Car:
The Car collection of Robert Downey Jr. is quite huge . Robert Downey Jr. owns best luxury cars in the world. The Cars which includes a Porsche, a Corvette, a Ford F150, a Bentley, a Volvo Woody, a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang, a 1970 Mercedes-Benz Pagoda, Audi A8 and A7, a Mercedes-Benz wagon, NSX Roadster, and a 2011 VW GTI.
Iron Man movie and Downey advertises Audis in the US and as far as we can work out, he seems to be paid in Audi R8s. This 2009 model, though, was a gift from the makers of the first Iron Man. Some actors get to keep a hat or a pair of gloves.
Made for SEMA 2017 (the world’s biggest automotive speciality equipment show) by Wisconsin-based custom carbuilder SpeedKore, this model won Best Downey’s blue California ,you realise what a thing of beauty it is. A two-door 2+2 hard-top convertible . Downey was given a matte-green Bentley Continental GT as part of his payment for Iron Man 3.
Robert Downey Jr Biography:
As a child, Robert Downey Jr was “surrounded by drugs”. Robert Downey Jr father, a drug addict, allowed Downey to use marijuana at age six, an incident which his father has said he now regrets. At the age of 5, he made his acting debut in Robert Downey Sr.’s film Pound in 1970.
He subsequently worked with the Brat Pack in the teen films Weird Science (1985) and Less Than Zero (1987). In 1992, Downey portrayed the title character in the biopic Chaplin, for which he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor and won a BAFTA Award.
Following a stint at the Corcoran Substance Abuse Treatment Facility on drug charges, he joined the TV series Ally McBeal, for which he won a Golden Globe Award; however in the wake of two drug charges, one in late 2000 and one in early 2001, he was fired and his character terminated. He stayed in a court-ordered drug treatment program shortly after and has maintained his sobriety since 2003.
Robert subsequently went on to star in the black comedy Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), the thriller Zodiac (2007), and the action comedy Tropic Thunder (2008); for the latter he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Robert Downey Jr gained global recognition for starring as Tony Stark / Iron Man in ten films within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, beginning with Iron Man (2008). Robert Downey Jr has also played the title character in Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes (2009), which earned him his second Golden Globe, and its sequel (2011).
Robert Downey Jr. Movies Career:
Robert Downey Jr made his film debut at the age of five, playing a sick puppy in the absurdist comedy Pound (1970), and then at 7 appeared in the surrealist Greaser’s Palace (1972). At the age of 10, Robert Downey Jr was living in England and studied classical ballet as part of a larger curriculum.
Robert Downey Jr most commercially successful recording venture to date (combining sales and radio airplay) has been his remake of the 1973 Joni Mitchell Christmas song “River”, which was included on the Ally McBeal tie-in album Ally McBeal: A Very Ally Christmas, released in 2000; Downey’s character Larry Paul performs the song in the Ally McBeal episode “Tis the Season”.
Interesting facts about Robert Downey Jr:
- He’s the son of director Robert Downey Sr. and actress Elsie Downey and made his debut in his father’s film, Pound (1990). Robert played a puppy.
- His family name was Elias until his father changed it to Downey in the 1950s.
- When Robert was 16, he quit school and moved back to New York to start his acting career.
- He became one of the members of the infamous ‘80s Brat Pack. Fellow Brat Packer Anthony Michael Hall is his eldest son Indio’s godfather.
- He has a younger sister named Allyson, who spent some time as an actress before turning her attention to writing.
- One of his first loves was Sarah Jessica Parker, who he met while being an extra on the set of Girls Just Want to Have Fun . The lovebirds were together for seven years beginning in 1984 before they split over his alcohol and drug use. “She tried to help me,” he has said. “She was so miffed when I didn’t get my act together.”
- Pretty in Pink’s Molly Ringwald has revealed that she pushed for Robert to get the part of Duckie in the hit 80s flick, but producers decided to give the role to Jon Cryer instead.
- The actor was a cast member on the 1985 season of Saturday Night Live.
- The actor wrote and starred in his first documentary The Last Party in 1993.
- Robert Downey Jr spent four months in jail in 1997 and another year in 1999 for drug possession.
- Robert won a Golden Globe for the role but was written off the show in 2001 because of his personal issues.
- Robert is a member of Hollywood’s 20 Million Club (stars who earn more than $20 million per film) thanks to the success of the Iron Man franchise.
- Robert has thanked Mel Gibson for reviving his career. Mel cast Robert in a small role in 2003’s The Singing Detective.
- Robert met his now-wife Susan in 2003 on the Montreal set of the movie Gothika. He credits her for helping him maintain his sobriety.
- After a two-year engagement, Susan and Robert married in the Hamptons (a favourite vacation spot of Robert’s) in August 2005. They have two children – a son Exton, 3, and a daughter, Avri, who was born in November 2014.
- Gothika producer Joel Silver gave the toast at their wedding. The two would go on to collaborate on the Sherlock Holmes franchise.
- Robert refers to Susan as “the Mrs.” and has her named tattooed on his arm.
- Robert has courted the Academy twice. He was nominated for a best actor for Chaplin in 1993 and best supporting actor in 2009 for Tropic Thunder.
- Robert purchased the former home of Charlie Chaplin a few years prior to landing the role of the silent film legend.
- Elton John cast him in the music video for his 2001 song “I Want Love.”
Lesser known about Robert Downey Jr:
- Robert believes he was born to play the part of Iron Man, telling Esquire, “I think Iron Man wound up being the first time I screen-tested since Chaplin. As far as I was concerned, it was destiny.”
- In March 2015, he presented a seven-year-old fan named Alex (who was born with a partially developed right arm) with his very own bionic Iron Man arm.
- The Iron Man movies have already grossed more than $2 billion worldwide at the box office – a number that will grow should Robert sign on for a fourth installment.
- Robert Downey Jr married Deborah Falconer on May 29, 1992, after a 42-day courtship. Their son, Indio Falconer Downey, was born in September 1993.
- At his $13 million USD Malibu mansion, he has two goats and some alpacas.
- Robert collects cars. He has a Corvette, Bentley, Volvo, a Mustang, some Audis, a Porsche, a Mercedes and many more
- He has a sweet (and a salty) tooth. “I would have Domino’s pizza with pasta carbonara inside every slice. And at night I would have Neapolitan ice cream until I felt absolutely toxic,” he admits to Vanity Fair.
- Team Downey, he and his wife’s production company, produced their first film in 2014. The Judge , starring Robert Duvall, who received a best supporting actor nomination.
- The couple created their production company so that they could work as a unit. “Our feeling was, if we wanted to spend time together, have a life together, then we should just go ahead and make movies together,” Susan tells the Hollywood Reporter.
- Robert Downey Jr earned roughly $75 million between 2013 and 2014.
lesser known facts about Robert Downey Jr
- Yucatan, is based on the lost works of iconic actor Steve McQueen, which he penned in the 1960s prior to his death in 1980.
- The big time ‘yogi’ is also working towards a black belt in the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun.
- Robert is rarely seen without a colourful pair of specs and is said to be partial to the Ray-Ban brand.
- He never graduated from high school but earned his GED during one of his stints in jail.
- He is still close friends with childhood friend Kiefer Sutherland, his costar in the 1988 film 1969.
- During a Reddit chat, Robert said that he would be up for a guest appearance on Marvel’s small screen series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. , “Nothing is impossible. But there might be a fair amount of red tape involved in something like that. I love Clark Gregg, and am pleased the show is doing so well.”
- Robert can sing as well as act. In 2004 he released a jazz album entitled “The Futurist.”
- Robert has said that his favourite actor is Peter O’Toole.
- His love for his mother, who passed away in 2014, was immeasurable, telling The Telegraph, “My ambition, tenacity, loyalty, moods, grandiosity, occasional passive aggression and faith, that’s all her.
- His nickname is Bob.
- His performance in 1992’s Chaplin received the stamp of approval from Queen Elizabeth who attended the London premiere in Leicester Square.
- Robert remembers the moment he realized that he isn’t invincible, telling Deadline, “I was doing a wire jump and I got to the top of the stairs and I tripped, and banged my ankle. Susan came around the corner, she goes, “All right. Are you finally going to accept the fact that you’re injured and that you’re not a kid. Just look at you on the floor there. Look at you!”
- During a show Late Night with Seth Myers, Robert reveled that he loves attending comic conventions, saying, “I feel like I’m the mayor of Comic-Con. My normal life seems incredibly dull and passive. But when I’m at Comic-Con, I’m a deity.”
- His acting work was memorialized in 2009 during a Hand and Foot Ceremony outside LA’s famed TCL Chinese Theatre.
- Iron Man director Jon Favreau cast Robert in his 2014 film Chef and said that his pal’s only flaw is, “he can’t cook.”
- He has taken home three People’s Choice Awards – all for his work as Tony Stark aka Iron Man.
We hope we have given you the brief yet attention grasping reading stuff from Robert Downey Jr.’s life.
Disclaimer: The above information is sourced from various websites/ media reports. The website does not guarantee a 100% accuracy of the figures.