Skip to content
- Aditya Chopra was born on 21st May 1971 in Mumbai, India.
- Chopra is the elder son of the late filmmaker Yash Chopra and Pamela Chopra
- Aditya completed his formal education and acquired his ICSE from Bombay Scottish School.
- Aditya Chopra graduated from Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics along with Anil Thadani, Karan Johar and Abhishek Kapoor.
- Aditya Chopra started his film making career at the age of 18 as an assistant director, working with his father on films like Chandni (1989), Lamhe (1991) and Darr (1993).
- Aditya Chopra started independently at the age of 23 with the all-time blockbuster Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, with Shahrukh Khan and Kajol, for which he was the director and writer
- Aditya Chopra was married to Payal Khanna, until their divorce in 2009. The couple had no children.
- On 21 April 2014, he married actress Rani Mukerji in a private wedding ceremony in Italy.
- In December 2015, Rani gave birth to their daughter Adira Chopra