Some lesser known facts about Amitabh Bacchan
- Amitabh’s first HIT movie was ‘Zanjeer’ in 1973. Earlier, his 12 films had flopped.
- Amitabh’s second job was in Kolkata as a broker. Before movies, his last salary was Rs.1680.
- While in Kolkata, he had bought his 1st car that was second-hand Fiat.
- In the movie “Coolie,” in a particular fight scene, he was seriously injured and hospitalized , the exact moment is stopped in the film with a freeze frame and a message – “This is the shot in which Amitabh Bachchan was seriously injured,” is displayed in three languages – English, Hindi and Urdu.
- Amitabh Bachchan was awarded with Padma Vibhushan by The Government of India in the year 2015. The Padma Vibhushan is the second-highest civilian award in India given for exceptional and distinguished service.
- Amitabh Bachchan suffered rejection several times in the early days of his career. He had many such experiences from Nainital to Delhi where he studied as a school student. In starting his aim was not media or entertainmen. He wanted to go in Air Force and wanted to serve the country.
- He was rejected by Staff selection Board which selects air force aspirants in Allahabad
- Amitabh started his bollywood career in 1969 as a voice narrator in Mrinal Sen’s Bhuvan Shome. Director Satyajit Ray also used Bachchan’s voice in his 1977 film Shatranj Ke Khiladi.
The first song sung by Amitabh Bacchan for a film was mere pass aao in Natarwlal
- He is the first Indian actor to have been paid over Rs 1 Crore INR in remuneration for films.
- In fact, he was the only star till the 1990s to have been paid in crores.
- In the initial days of his career when Amitabh was struggling actor, at that time music composers Kalyan Ji Anand Ji helped him.
- He was conferred with the Honorary Citizenship of the French town of Deauville, in the year 2003.
- He has a passion for collecting watches and is also known to never wear a watch twice.
- Amitabh considers sons and daugthers as equal. He has expressed his desire to equally distribute his wealth between his daughter and son.
- Amitabh bacchan does not like the first days of the film shooting .He just shared on instagram in 2021 .He is still apprehensivve on his first shooting day of any film even after 50 years of being the actor
- Amitabh considers joining politics was a disaster in his career. He stood for elections and failed drastically.
- He left politics and is no more part of any political career. .