- During the graduation in Delhi, he joined the local play group and joined the drama.
- The International Film Festival held in Delhi inspired him so much that he came to Mumbai in 1993 and struggled there too.
- Wrote some episodes of the serial ‘Kabhi Kabhi’.
- In 1998, the film ‘Satya’ got a chance to write, while Shool and Kaun also wrote dialogues.
Anurag Kashyap is a Bollywood Director famous for his movies “Gangs of Wasseypur,” “Black Friday” and “Gulaal.” He is popular for his exceptional directing skills. Here are some unknown facts about Anurag Kashyap
His debut movie was Black Friday starringKay Kay Menon in the lead role. Truly, his directorial film was Paanch, but it never released because of the Censor Board.
Anurag Singh Kashyap is from Benares, Uttar Pradesh. He had an interest in movies from very young age. He watched a lot of movies in his college life. He also got involved in drugs and alcohol.
He did his schooling from Scindia School in Gwalior and completed his graduation from Delhi University. His debut film “Black Friday” won the Grand Jury Prize at third Annual Indian Film Festival.
This director from Benares came to Mumbai to pursue his career in Film Industry. He did a lot of struggle and got first chance to write the screenplay in Ram Gopal Verma’s Satya. Satya was a hit. He got famous for this movie and later got privilege to write many films screenplays and dialogues.
- Anurag Kashyap is famous as “Poster Boy” of Bollywood. He also founded his film production called “Anurag Kashyap Pvt. Ltd.” Run by Guneet Monga. He also co-founded some production companies like Sikhya Entertainment in 2008.
- He also directed the epic series “Gangs of Wasseypur.” The film was highly praised and won many awards. Manoj Bajpayee and Nawazuddin Siddique were in the lead roles of the movie. Nawazzudin Siddique became very popular after this movie and got the offer of many other films.
- Recently he was the producer of “Trapped” and was highly appreciated by critics. The lead star of the movie is Rajkumar Rao. He has also produced some other movies like Udaan, Hunter and Udta Punjab which were the commercial success. In “Water” he was the screenwriter.
- He was married to Aarti earlier and then was married to Kalki Koechlin. He has a daughter with Aarti named ‘Aalia.’
- He also said in a podcast with AIB that torrent sites play a very significant role in lighting up small Bollywood movies.
- Other than “Gangs of Wasseypur” and “Black Friday” he also directed No Smoking, Gulaal, That Girl in the Yellow Boots, Ugly, Bombay Velvet and Raman Raghav 2.0. Nawazuddun Siddique played the lead role in the movie “Raman Raghav 2.0.”
- He also makes some cameo appearances in his films. He has also directed one of the four parts from Bombay Talkies.
- His film Bombay Velvet highly flopped on the Box Office. This film had a loss of over 100 crores, and its budget was 125 crores. Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Kapoor were in the lead role in the film. He is one of the directors from Bollywood who does something extraordinary in his movies.
- As a filmmaker, the film Five was made but was not released.
- Anurag Kashyap was the director of ‘Black Friday’, Gulal, ‘No Smoking’, ‘Dev D’, ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ and ‘Bombay Velvet’.