Top 10 lesser known facts about Arijit Singh
- Arijit Singh’s father is a Punjabi and mother a Bengali.
- His maternal side family was always into music and hence, his childhood dream was to become a singer.
- He was trained under the Hazari Brothers at the age of 3.
- He earned a scholarship from the government of training for training into vocals in classical music at the age of 9.
- His interest in music grew because of his mother who sang and played tabla
- Arijit’s favourite singers are: Ghulam Ali, Jagjit Singh, and Mehdi Hasan.
- Arijit has a keen in photography, cycling and Bengali novels.
- He’s also a badminton player, writer, movie fan and a documentary maker.
- Tum Hi Ho” from Aashiqui 2 was a breakthrough for the singer in the Bollywood industry
- Arijit Singh owns an NGO named Let There Be Light which works for the Below Poverty Line (BPL) community.
- Arijit Singh does not follow anyone on Instagram
- It aims to include activities like bloodbank camp, distribution of clothes, books and more for the underprivileged children.
- Arijit Singh has made appearances with long hair and beard in kapil sharma show. When questioned about his looks, he reasoned that he doesn’t get time to cut his hair or shave in Mumbai
- At the age of 18, he participated in a reality show Fame Gurukul in 2005.
- During the show, Sanjay Leela Bhansali recognized his talent and asked him to sing ‘Yun Shabnami’ from Saawariya. Unfortunately, during the production, the script changed and his song was never released.
- He also sung for TV Shows Track like – “Hum Hai Deewane” Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon and “Dadagiri” featuring Sourav Ganguly.
- Arijit singh believes in hard work and this is what he answered philoshophically to one of the questions
“One has to suffer pain to reach their destination, those days when I failed to get work, I thought about quitting and going back in my hometown, but I realised that one should concentrate on one’s work no matter what happens.”
- Arijit Singh took part in the reality show Fame Gurukul in the year 2005 when his guru Rajendra Prasad Hazari convinced him to do so. He was initially hesitant to go for the auditions but when his guru persisted
“I cried every night during Fame Gurukul. Fame Gurukul has taught me that no one is your friend! Look at what Arijit did to Shamit! See, none of the contestants wanted to be a Jodi with me! But later, when they found out that I was the favorite, they changed their behavior completely…I was shocked! In today’s world, I have learnt that one can’t depend on anybody!”
- Arijit loves Kashmir once He said “I miss Kashmir” Living in Mumbai is not difficult, I have stayed in other places and my dad also has been traveling a lot, but I miss Kashmir. “Wahan ke logon ki badi yaad aati hai!“
- Arijit’s Bollywood music debut was “Phir Mohabbat” from the movie Murder 2, composed by Mithoon.
- Arijit Singh got married to one of his co-contestants in a music show Ruprekha Banerjee in the year 2013. His first marriage couldn’t last for long and the duo got divorced in the same year (2013).
- Arijit has a net worth of about $7 million.
- He got married to childhood friend Koel Roy in 2014 following Bengali rituals. It was the second marriage for both of them. They reportedly got married on January 20, 2014 at Tarapeeth temple in West Bengal.
- Arijit’s second wife already had a daughter from her first marriage when she got together with Arijit.
- On the opening ceremony of IFFI 2018, he said “I feel claustrophobic(fear of being confined) when I listen to myself” and his wife doesn’t listen to his songs.