10 Lesser known facts about Dhanush
- After entering the South Indian film industry at the age of 16, Dhanush decided to change his real name Venkatesh Prabhu Kasthuri Raja to Dhanush.
- Dhanush never even dreamt of becoming an actor.
- Dhanush wanted to become a chef and pursue hotel management instead.
- Dhanush elder brother, Selvaraghavan and his father,asked him to give it a shot in the industry
- Dhanush made a blockbuster entry in Bollywood with the superhit film, Raanjhanaa.
- He impressed everyone over with his natural acting in Raanjhanaa and in Shamitabh also he was appreciated
- Despite being the son of famous director, Kasthuri Raja, the son-in-law of megastar, Rajinikant, and achieving success in the South film industry, Dhanush is humble and down-to-earth.
- Dhanush is an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva
- Dhanush, who is married to Superstar Rajinikanth’s eldest daughter Aishwarya Rajinikanth
- Dhanush named his two sons Yatra (pilgrimage) and Linga (synonymous with Shiv Lingam).
- Dhanush wrote ‘Kolaveri Di’ power-packed song’s lyrics within 6 minutes and to top it the rough version was recorded in 35 minutes only.
- Dhanush is also inclined towards producing Tamil films and is an incredible singer as well. He also owns a production house Wunderbar Films and it’s jointly managed by his wife Aishwarya R. Dhanush.
- Dhanush was in love with a girl when he was 16 years old, but unfortunately, she dumped the actor after he flunked his class 12 exams.
- In 2011, Dhanush bagged the title of being India’s ‘Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity’
- Dhanush became the Brand Ambassador of PETA. Dhanush is one of the few stars who have managed to bag the title of being the hottest vegetarian celebrities.
As I type #D43 we just finalised the title .. title announcement soon. #D43 shoot starts from today .. om namashivaaya
- Dhanush is inclined towards music. Dhanush writes and sings Tamil songs.