Some lesser known facts about Govinda
- Govind Arun Ahuja was born in Virar, Maharashtra.
- He grew up in the slums of Mumbai and saved money to go to the movies.
- At the age of 15, he was rejected by Rajshri Studios upon several trials to get a part.
- Govinda is fondly referred as Chi Chi, which means little finger.
- Few people know that he is trained for Indian classical dance.
- In 1999, Govinda was voted the world’s tenth-greatest star of stage or screen in a BBC News Online poll.
- Govinda idolises Mehboob khan and has photograph of him framed at his house.
- Govinda is also known for his playback singing, lending his vocals in films like Shola Aur Shabnam, Haseena Maan Jaayegi and Aankhen.
- He loves spending time with his family and especially with his daughter
- Govinda famously dated actresses Neelam Kothari and Rani Mukherjee.
- Govinda has also been a member of Parliament House from 2004 to 2009.
- His father is former actor Arun Kumar and her mother is singer-actress Nirmala Devi.
- He shares a complicated relationship with Salman Khan. On one hand, Salman Khan helped Govinda in financial crisis. On the other hand, the actor was pissed on Salman khan for launching Sonakshi Sinha over her daughter Narmada.
- Govinda was the original choice for Sunny Deol’s role in ‘Gadar’
Govinda Considered Kaadar Khan as his guru and lovingly called him Ustaaad