Some lesser known facts about Kajol
- Kajol has never slipped into bikini for a movie or commercial purposes. All she did was monokini and towel photoshoots.
- Kajol is one of the four Bollywood celebrities whose miniature doll is in Harrods (London).
- Kajol holds the record for most Best Actress wins at Filmfare Awards. She won this award 5 times. In addition to that, she has received a record eleven nominations at the same event.
- She is talkative person and likes to keep gossiping for hours nad hours . Here is what she posted on isntagram .
Don’t talk to me coz I will talk to you for two hours and get no work done at all!!!!
- Kajol was the first actress to win a Filmfare for a negative role. Her role in the film Gupt earned her the award.
- Kajol is also a recipient of Padma Shri award. She won this award way back in 2011.
- Kajol is an enthusiastic social activist and has been noted for her work. She is the ambassador of Loomba Trust, which promotes welfare of widows and children all over the world. For her philanthropic work, she was awarded with the Karmaveer Puraskaar in 2008.
- Kajol can be called as an epitome of Bollywood mania, owing to her relations which involves the industry.
She is a great believer in hard work and perseverance .She recently posted
Covid thoughts :-
Perseverance is the key…. whether it’s two lines of crochet, two i❤️u ‘s , a chapter a day. At the end of it you have a sweater, a relationship and u have read
- Her mother Tanuja is an actress while her father Shomu Mukherjee was a film producer.
- Apart from her sister Tanishaa being an actress, her maternal aunt was the famous actress Nutan.
- Her paternal uncles Joy Mukherjee and Deb Mukherjee are established film producers. Her famous cousin is the evergreen Bollywood diva Rani Mukerji.
- Kajol started acting at the age of 16 . Her first film was Bekhudi for which she received critical acclaim.
- Kajol did a Tamil movie Minsaara Kannavu opposite to Prabhudeva. According to herself, she found it difficult to dance along with him.
- Kajol participated in a concert tour along with Shahrukh Khan, Juhi Chawla and Akshay Kumar way back in 1998.
- Kajol is an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva. Owing to her devotion, she always wears an Om diamond decorated ring. Kajol recreated the iconic Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge poster on 19th October 2019, to mark the timeless blockbuster’s 24th anniversary.