Amazon Family man season 2 is expected soon and its lead Character Manoj Bajpayee is again in the news for his acting skills. We have collected some interesting facts of Manoj Bajpayi life and filmography.
interesting facts about Manoj Bajpayee
- Manoj Bajpayee was born to a farmer in a small village called Belwa in Bihar on 23rd April 1969.He helped his father in farming when back from his boarding school during vacations.
- Manoj father Radhakant Bajpai was a farmer and his mother was a housewife. He is the second child among his six siblings.One of his younger sister, Poonam Dubey, is a fashion designer in the film industry.
- Manoj Bajpayee was named after the bollywood legend Manoj Kumar.Manoj Bajpayee studied in a hut school till 4th standard as his father, being a farmer, could not spend much on their education.
- Since childhood Manoj Bajpayee wanted to become an actor. He completed rest of his schooling from Bettiah and later moved to Delhi at the age of 17 .
- Manoj Bajpayee came to Delhi with his friend Ravinder Chaudhary and stayed at his brother’s house for some time. He travelled without a reservation; although he didn’t know that it was illegal. He was told to avoid the TT and for that he stayed awake the whole night.
- While studying in Delhi, his father used to send him 200/- a month and he had to survive in that only.
- After pursuing graduation from Ramjas College, Manoj Bajpayee applied to the National School of Drama. However, his application was rejected 4 times.He was so depressed at that time that he thought of committing suicide.Manoj Bajpayee got rejected by NSD
- Manoj first heard about NSD in an interview of Naseeruddin Shah, and since then he decided that he would join it one day.
- He took part in a lot of dramatics for Ramjas College and Hindu College and worked really hard on his Hindi and English diction.
facts about Manoj Bajpayee
During Manoj Bajpayee college days, he concentrated mainly on dramatics and used to study for his exams barely one month before it. Manoj Bajpayee has learnt the semi classical dance Chau (dance of west Bengal) for 4 years.
- Upon actor Raghubir Yadav’s suggestion, Manoj Bajpayee joined director and acting coach Barry John’s workshop. Thereafter, when he applied to the NSD for the fourth time, he was instead offered a teaching position.
- Manoj considers Barry John to be his teacher and guide for everything.Manoj Bajpayee with his guru Barry john
- Manoj Bajpayee married a girl from Delhi, however, they got divorced during his period of struggle. Later on, in 2006 he went on to marry film actress Neha (real name – Shabana Raza) of Kareeb fame.
Unknown facts about Manoj Bajpayee
- Manoj Bajpayee did miniscule roles for many years. From a one minute role in Drohkaal in 1994 and dacoit in “Bandit Queen” in the same year, to more meagre roles in movies like Dastak, Tamanna and Daud.
- Ram Gopal Verma discovered him while casting for Daud. He later apologized to him for giving him a role too small for his calibre and offered him a prominent role in his upcoming film Satya.
- Manoj Bajpayee as Bhiku Mhatre was a hit with the audience and film critics and it gave him instant success and is still engraved as one of the most memorable character of Hindi film history.
- Post Satya , Manoj Bajpayee played prominent roles in the movies Aks, Kaun, Zubeidaa, LOC Kargil, Veer Zara, Rajneeti , Gangs of Wasseypur, Sarkar 3 and Satyagrah.
- Manoj never looks in the mirror while getting make up done as he has a complex and still does cannot believe that he became an actor.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui had stated that Bajpayee’s performance in Aks was the inspiration behind his role in the movie Kick in 2014.
- Manoj never intend to join politics although he is great on camera as a politician.
- Manoj says he will want to act till he dies and don’t think he will want to do anything else apart from acting .
There are very few people in Bollywood who can perform like Manoj Bajpayee. Bajpayee has given some really memorable performances in various movies and his Family Man on amazon has been a relevation to the netizens and we hope he continues to keep this trend going.