- Nana Patekar had to work at the age of just 13 for a salary of Rs 35 due to financial issues, so that he could take care of himself and his family.
- Nana Patekar used to walk 10 kilometers daily and paint posters of films. After a lot of struggle, Nana quit that job and started participating in plays, which led to some of her income.
- Nana Patekar had said that he would never work with Sanjay Dutt. He confirmed that if Sanjay Dutt is responsible for the 1993 Mumbai bomb blast, he would never work with Sanjay Dutt.
- In the year 1993 Worli Best Bus Ballast, Nana lost his brother. At the same time, his wife was saved from being killed in this blast, because his wife had just changed the bus at that time.
- Nana Patekar leads a simple life.
- Unlike his colleagues who have a lavish manner to live in, Nana Patekar still lives in a 1BHK flat with his mother. He likes to spend money on welfare if general public.
- Nana Patekar has also gifted sewing machines to the widows of the farmers who had committed suicide. He helped almost 62 families by giving Rs 15,000 to each in Latur.
- Nana‘s foundation collected a total of Rs. 22 crore for the welfare of farmers. From this amount they will fill the dry lakes of the villages so that they get water supply and also provide drinking water to all villagers.
- Nana had done a three-year army training programme for his film ‘Prahaar’ and was given the honorary rank of Captain.
- After Nana Patekar film’s shoot, he reportedly went back and served in the army during the Kargil war.
- Nana Patekar established an organization with his friend and co-actor, Makarand Anaspure, named Naam Foundation in 2015, which aims in providing aid to the farmers suffering from draught.
- Naam Foundation collected Rs 80 lakhs on the very same day the foundation got its bank account activated.
In a cheque distribution ceremony in Marathwada, Nana himself went to every seat to give away the cheque to the farmer widows.
After two-and-half years of his father’s death, Nana Patekar lost his son. But he never showcased his pain and continued doing social work.
- Nana Patekar had painted zebra crossings and movie posters to earn a living in the past . When his fathers business came to a shutdown, Nana took a part-time job where he just earned Rs 35 per day and just one meal.
- Nana Patekar once said that he believes in earning respect and recognition not in earning money.
- Nana Patekar ’s son Malhar is also an actor.
The screen legend, however, refused to offer his son any help to establish himself in the industry. He reportedly did so, as he believed his son should struggle and hard work to secure his place in the industry.
Nana Patekar was of the opinion that Malhar should find his way on his own and become a self-made star.