interesting facts about Prabhu Deva
- His birth name is Shankupani.
- His debut work was in the movie Vetri Vizha starring kamal Haasan.
- Prabhu Deva has won two National Award.
- He hails from a kannada Speaking family.
- He has worked as a choreographer in more than 100 movies and has directed and produced 13 movies and 4 movies respectively.
- He hates to eat.
- Prabhu Deva has been suffering from spondylitis & sees to that he doesn’t put too much stress on his neck.
- He is shy and an introvert.Although he is Indian MJ, Prabhu Deva was first trained in Bharatnatyam & was tutored by two professional dancers, Lakshminarayan & Dharmaraj.
- Even though he is known as Prabhu Deva, his full name is Prabhu Deva Sundaram.
Prabhu Deva has worked for many films, not only in one language but in 5 different languages namely Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam, and Kannada.
The individual prowess of directors Shankar & K. Balachander inspired Prabhu Deva to take up direction. Although his career shift may seem strategic, Prabhu Deva, in an interview, told that the shift wasn’t planned.
- Prabhu Deva made his Directorial Debut with a Tamil Film called ‘Nuvvostanante Nenuoddantana’ which was remade in Bollywood as ‘Ramaiya Vastavaiya.’
- Prabhu Deva was named ‘Shankupani’ when he was born. Predictably, he shed his birth name & adopted a much stylish screen name for the betterment of his career.
- With the Western style, he also knows and is a trained dancer in Classical Dance styles as well.
- Prabhu Deva choreographed more than 100 movies, directed 13 movies and produced 4 movies.
- Prabhu Deva was the lead in India’s first 3D dance movie, ABCD (AnyBody Can Dance).
- On his 39th birthday he performed with Katy Perry, Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor for Opening Ceremony of IPL 2012 in Chennai.
He has won 2 National Awards for Best Choreography.