10 Lesser known facts about preity zinta
- Preita is definitely a talented actress, but she is so much more. The actress has completed her post-grad studies in criminal psychology.
- she is actually an athlete. As it turns out, she played sports while she was in school.
Preity has two brothers. One elder Deepankar and one younger Manish.
- She attended the Convent of Jesus and Mary School in Shimla and later went to The Lawrence School, Sanawar.
- She joined St. Bede’s College in Shimla and graduated in English Honors. She has a post graduate degree in Criminal Psychology from New Delhi.
- Preity got her first break in a TV commercial for Perk chocolate. A director who she met at a friend’s party convinced her to take up acting.
- Preity went on to become really popular as the Liril girl when she acted in a TV commercial for the soap.
- Preity Zinta, who was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with Shekhar Kapur’s Tara Rum Pum Pum, said that she left the decision to enter films to a coin toss.
- She met director Shekhar Kapur at an audition when she accompanied a friend at an audition. He insisted that she auditioned as well and liked her so much that he cast her in a film.
- Preity and Hrithik were slated to debut together in a film called Ta Ra Ram Pum which got shelved.
- Shekhar Kapoor recommended her to Mani Ratnam for Dil Se.. That became her first film to release. Sh ehad even shot for Kya Kehna which relased in 2000.
- Preity starred in 2 Telugu films, Premante Idera and Raja Kumarudu.
- It was rumoured that Preity and Shekhar Kapur were in a relationship and his wife Suchitra Krishnamoorthy claimed that she was the reason for their separation.
- During her initial days in Bollywood Preity was in a relationship with model Marc Robinson and they lived in together for 2 years!
- She was claimed to be in a relationship with a married actor Lars Kjeldsen when her holiday pictures with him in Miami got leaked.
- It seemed that she had finally found the love of her life in businessman Ness Wadia when things went sour and they broke off. In 2014 Preity filed a molestation case against Wadia.
- Her god father Shandar Amrohi passed away in 2011 and left behind in her name an inheritance of 600 crores which she refused to accept!!
- In 2016 she got married to her U.S. based boyfriend Gene Goodenough in a low key wedding in Los Angeles.
In the end, we wish Preity Zinta a successful year ahead with lots of achievements and good health filled with lots of love. May she keep achieving her goals and keep growing her net worth always!