interesting facts about Scarlett Johansson
Some lesser known facts about Scarlett Johansson
Though she was born in Manhattan, New York on November 22, 1984, Scarlett Johansson’s father was originally from Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Johansson holds both American and Danish citizenship.
- Johansson is related to Phil Schlamberg; she’s his great niece.Schlamberg was the last person to die in combat in World War II.
- Johansson is a twin, and you can definitely see the resemblance between Scarlett and her brother Hunter.
Johansson’s parents split when she was 13, and she became very close to her grandmother, whom she has called her best friend.
- Johansson was dead serious about acting right from the beginning, and as a kid, she used to make herself cry while she stared into a mirror.
- Johansson also got used to rejection. When she was seven, she was crestfallen to find out that a talent agent had signed her twin brother, but not her, with an agency.
- Later, in 2003, she also applied to New York University’s renowned Tisch School of the Arts but was also rejected
- Johansson did a series of commercials and theater acting before she made her film debut with John Ritter in 1994’s North—she played his daughter.
top 10 interesting facts about Scarlett Johansson
- Johansson’s true breakthrough role came in the 2001 cult classic Ghost World, where she starred alongside Thora Birch.
- Johansson was only 18 when she filmed Lost in Translation, and many critics praised her for her ability to act older.
- When she won the title role in Girl with a Pearl Earring, she beat out 150 actors for the part.
- She loves both cats and dogs: She has a cat named Trooper, and she owns a little Chihuahua named Maggie.
- When she was auditioning for lady Black Widow in Iron Man 2, Johansson showed her determination, dying her hair red to convince producers that she was right for the part.
- Scarlett tried out for the part of Sue Storm in Fantastic Four that eventually went to Jessica Alba, and was also offered the role in Mission: Impossible III that went to Keri Russell.
- she was actually married to Ryan Reynolds in 2008. That marriage didn’t last, and Johansson is currently rumored to be dating Saturday Night Live’s Colin Jost.
- Johansson is a huge fan of Tom Waits and even recorded an entire album, Anywhere I Lay My Head, of only covers of his songs.
- Before working with Captain America himself, Chris Evans, in the Avengers films, Johansson previously teamed up with the actor in both The Perfect Score and The Nanny Diaries. The two are very good friends.
- Johansson is the highest-grossing actress of all time. Let that sink in a bit. Her movie collections were $3.327 billion into the box office, and in the year 2016 alone she brought in $1.2 billion
- Johansson is left-handed.
Most interesting facts about Scarlett Johansson
- Johnasson’s curvy frame and outsized personality can make you forget it, but she’s actually a very petite 5 feet and 4 inches tall.
- Johansson tried out for the role of Lisbeth Salander in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but missed out on the part because producers felt that she was too beautiful.
She’s afraid of both birds and cockroaches.
- Johansson has been married and divorced twice: once to Reynolds (they split in 2011), and once to Romain Dauriac (they split early 2017). She has said in the past that she finds monogamy difficult.
- Johansson also picked up the habit of smoking when she was 15
Johansson’s mother, Melanie Sloan, was once her manager. While Johansson once defended her choice despite people’s skepticism, in 2009, Johansson fired Sloan.
- Johansson identifies as Jewish (on her mother’s side), and celebrates both Christmas and Hannukah during the holidays
- Johansson’s estimated net worth tops out at a whopping $100 million- $165 million
Johansson has one child with Dauriac: Rose Dorothy Dauriac, who was born in 2014. She was pregnant on the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron.