10 lesser known facts about Smriti Irani
- Smriti Irani was born on 23rd March, 1976, in New Delhi, India.
- Smriti Irani was born to a Bengali mother, Shibani Bagchi and a Punjabi-Maharashtrian father, Ajay Kumar Malhotra.
Smriti Irani has been a part of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) from childhood as her grandfather was an RSS swayamsevak and her mother was a member of Jana Sangh.
- Smriti Irani studied in Holy Child Auxilium School and School of Open Leaning, University of Delhi.
- She is the eldest of 3 sisters.
- Smriti is married to a Parsi Businessman – Zubin Irani.
- The couple has a son – Zohr Irani and a daughter – Zoe Irani.
Smriti is also a step mother to Shanelle, who is Zubin Irani’s daughter from his first wife.
- Smriti Irani was one of the participants of the beauty pageant Miss India 1998 who couldn’t reach the top 9, along with Gauri Pradhan Tejwani.
- In 1998, Irani appeared in a song “Boliyan” of the album “Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag” with Mika Singh.
- In 2000, Smriti Irani made her début with TV series Aatish and Hum Hain Kal Aaj Aur Kal, both aired on Star Plus. Apart from this she also acted in Kavita serial on DD metro.