10 lesser known Facts about Tom Cruise
- Cruise father was abusive one – a bully coward. He left his mom when he was young and Tom took up odd jobs like mowing neighbors lawns to help his mom with the bills.
- During the late ’80s, Cruise, with Julia Roberts, was approached to be the leads in an adaptation of John Carter of Mars, which eventually became the box office failure starring Taylor Kitsch.
- He earned his pilot’s license in 1994.
- He improvised the iconic Risky Business scene where he dances in his underwear. Shot in half of a day, the scene started with only one line in the script: “Joel dances in underwear through the house.”
- He missed his high school graduation ceremony because he was acting in a production of Godspell.
- His first wife was actress Mimi Rogers
- Actress Nicole Kidman was his wife for 11 years. They divorced in 2001.
- Tom was raised in a devout Catholic household and he initially wanted to become a priest. At age 14, he even attended a Franciscan seminary in Cincinnati on a scholarship, but he lure of Hollywood prove too strong.
- In 1994, he was awarded man of the year by Harvard’s Hasty Pudding Club, known for its production featuring Harvard men in drag. Accordingly, he accepted the award wearing a bra and heels.
- Cruise became interested in acting when he won the lead in a high school production of Guys and Dolls
- Costar Paul Newman got him interested in auto racing while filming The Color of Money, and he went on to race on Newman’s team.
He portrays heroes in movies but he became a real life one in 1998 when he saved a woman being mugged in London, chasing the attackers away with his bodyguards.
- Tom was employed as a bus boy, porter and he cleaned tables before the big break. Later he studied at the respected Neighborhood Playhouse.
- The “couch incident” on Oprah was voted No.1 of 2005’s “Most Surprising Television Moments” on a countdown on Entertainment magazine or E and No.5 at BoxOfficeProphets.com. and was the subject of numerous parodies. Tom Cruise was a wrestler during his high school years.
- In 1992 he adopted Isabella Jane Kidman Cruise, in 1995 Connor Antony Kidman Cruise.
- Tom is of German, Irish, and English ancestry. His daughter Suri to Katie Holmes was born in April 2006. The name Suri is believed to be a variation of Sarah.
- During his third marriage to actress Katie Holmes in Italy, his best man was none other than David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Scientology.
He joined the Church of Scientology after its study courses helped him overcome dyslexia.
- He played floor hockey but stopped when he was injured and damaged his front teeth.
- Joined the Church of Scientology after its study courses helped him overcome dyslexia.
- Cruise was bullied regularly in the 15 different schools he attended in 12 years.
When it came to animating 1992’s feature film ‘Aladdin’, Disney modelled the face of their young hero on Tom Cruise, who was dominating the box office with movies like ‘Days Of Thunder’ and ‘A Few Good Men’.
- With his savings, he bought his first motorcycle when he was 12.
- In his memoir The Time of My Life, Patrick Swayze, his co-star in The Outsiders, revealed that Cruise was so insecure about his teeth that he avoided photo shoots.
This is a brief story about the life of Tom Cruise which undoubtedly is so fascinating! We wish him lots of success & wealth in the years to come!