Unknown facts about Vicky Kaushal
Vicky was born on May 16, 1988, to Shyam Kaushal who is an action director and Veena Kaushal, who is a housemaker. He also has a younger brother, Sunny Kaushal who is an Assistant Director.
- While his father worked as a stuntman, the family stayed in a Mumbai Chawl. The family roots can be traced back to Hoshiarpur, Punjab.
- He is an Electronics and Telecommunications Engineer and graduated in the year 2009 from Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
- Vicky Kaushal loves dancing, reading and traveling. he is also a trained dancer.
- He attended acting workshops under Kishore Namit Kapoor and did a lot of theatres.
- For his performance in the movie Masaan by Neeraj Ghayvan, Vicky has won various awards.
- he played minor roles in “Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana” and “Bombay Velvet”.
- He worked as an assistant director to Anurag Kashyap in the two-part crime drama Gangs of Wasseypur (2012).
- Vicky Kaushal claims himself as a foodie and says that he loves eating Pani-Puri, Jalebi-Rabri, Aaloo Paratha and Chinese dishes.
- Vicky Kaushal’s favorite actors are Hrithik Roshan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- Vicky went to Varanasi one month before the shoot to prepare for his role in Masaan. He wanted to master the local accent that was required for the movie. Not only this but Vicky also lost 8 kgs to get into the character for the film.
- To prepare for “Uri – The Surgical Strike”, he gained muscle weight, practiced a ketogenic diet, and underwent five months of military training and mixed martial arts sessions. He even injured his arm while shooting. He won National award for Best actor for Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019).
- He won Zee Cine Award, IIFA Award and Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Sanju (2018).