Samantha Akkineni is one of the most popular actresses of South Indian film industry. Samantha made her acting debut with Gautham Menon’s, Ye Maaya Chesave. For her outstanding performance in it, she also bagged ‘Filmfare Award for Best Debut Actress’ and Nandi Award. Samantha has proved her mettle as an actress. Samantha has successfully established a career in the Tamil and Telugu film industries.
Lesser known facts about Samantha Akkineni
Her performances has been greatly appreciated in many films such as Majili, Ye Maaya Chesave Mersal among others, . The actress was seen in the film titled ‘Oh! Baby‘ which did well at the box office. Professionally, Samantha is doing quiet well.
On the personal front, Samantha is happily married to Naga Chaitanya who is son of Nagarjuna and a big name in the South.
ChaySam, as their fans call them, are one of the power couples of Tollywood. They never fail to give us relationship goals. Lets have a look at her top interesting and lesser-known facts.
Before stepping into the acting ,Samantha did many small jobs. She even worked part-time as a model.
- Samantha nickname is Yashoda by her friends and family.
- Samantha was born in Chennai; she pursued her career in the modeling in the course of her teenage.
- Samantha is the daughter of Telugu father and Malayali mother in Chennai suburb of Pallavaram, Tamil Nadu.
Samantha completed her schooling from the St Stephens Matriculation School in Pallavaram. She did shcooling from Holy Angels Higher Secondary School in Chennai.
Top 10 interesting facts of Samantha Akkineni
Samantha graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Stella Maris College, Chennai.
Samantha is a foodie. She loves sushi.
- She got box office success with many films including Dookudu (2011), the family dramas Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2012), and Attarintiki Daredi (2013) and AR Murugadoss’s Tamil action film, Kaththi (2014). Going forward,her work in the film A Aa (2016) also won positive reviews. She won Samantha her fourth Filmfare Award, while her next films, Theri (2016), 24 (2016), and Mersal (2017), also were commercially successful.
- Samantha is one of the fittest actresses of Tollywood. The actress is very active on social media keeps sharing her workout videos giving her fans an insight into her fitness routine.
- Hollywood actress Audrey Hepburn is her inspiration
Interesting facts of Samantha Akkineni
The actress loves exploring new places. Her social media profile is filled with many vacation pics of the actress.
The actress has established an NGO named of Pratyusha Support which helps poor kids and women who fall ill.
.Samantha is diabetic and was diagnosed in 2013. Interestingly, She later essayed the role of a diabetic patient in the film titled Satyamurthy.