Sushant Singh Rajput started career with the daily soap, ‘Pavitra Rishta’ and became one of the most loved Indian T.V. actors.
His role as ‘Manav Deshmukh’ gave him the hall of fame. But Sushant Singh Rajput wasn’t satisfied with the success he tasted on television.
He wanted more from life and experimentin it , so went out doing films and proved his versatile talent. He won accolades from everyone for the movie ‘Kai Po Che’. This dimpled smile guy is all ready to prove himself again with the biopic ‘M.S Dhoni: The Untold Story’. Here’re a few lesser known facts about this handsomely talented actor:
- Sushant Singh Rajput was born in Patna. His father was a government official.
- He is the youngest and only son in his family. He has four elder sisters, one of whom is a state level cricketer.
- His mother passed away when he was in 12th standard. The actor spent his childhood in Delhi.
- He was one of the finest students during his school days and stood at 7th Rank AIEEE in 2003. The actor even got admission in Delhi College of Engineering and left in 3rd year of his engineering to pursue his acting dreams.
- He joined John berry theratre group in delhi . He was also part of Siamak Davar Dance group
- He was into relationship with Ankita Lokhande for almost 6 years
- Pavitra Rishta’ wasn’t the debut of Sushant in Indian T.V.
- He started with the role of Preet Juneja in the serial ‘Kis Desh Mein Hai Dil Mera’.
- He was often touted as new generation SRK in Bollywood as he had no family relation in the glamor industry and made it big after being part of Indian T.V.
- Sushant self-confessed he used to mimic King Khan during his school days to impress girls.
- The actor puts so much reality into his physical appearance for the role that a unit member mistook him as a helper on the set of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy.
- Sushant founded three companies in 2 years. He deliberately named one after a close friend and another intended to work on precautionary healthcare and malnourishment.
- He was a National Physics Olympiad winner and 7th rank holder in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
- Science and technology inspired Sushant co-founded 3 companies where he was also a director. One dealt with opportunities like virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence, and amplified reality.
- He was greatly in to astronomy and would often post pictures taken from his high res cameras and lenses.
- His other worked in the field of computer sciences.
- His third start-up was a non-profit organization that focuses on health and social work. According to Ministry of Corporate Affairs records, he was listed as a director in three companies by the name, mind you, Sushant Singh.
- Sushant was also into journaling and some of his goals were meditate in Kailasa, plant 1000 trees, to perform double slit experiment, to teach coding to visually impaired.
- Sushant Singh Rajput was a philanthropist too
- The late actor was praised for donating Rs.1 crore for the Kerala flood survivors in 2018 on behalf of a fan. Subsequently, he won many hearts when he contributed Rs.1.25 crore to the flood-ravaged Nagaland in 2018. Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio of Nagaland took to the help of Twitter to express his gratitude towards the actor.
- . His ancestral home is in Bihar’s Purnia district.
- One of his sisters, Mitu Singh, is a state-level cricketer.