These movies are available on Amazon Prime Videos.Star Wars The Digital Six film Collection
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes 1 to 6)
Directly it can be watched on Disney plus as well.
Star Wars is an American epic space opera media franchise created by George Lucas, which began with the eponymous 1977 film and quickly became a worldwide pop-culture phenomenon.
The franchise has been expanded into various films and other media, including television series, video games, novels, comic books, theme park attractions, and themed areas, comprising an all-encompassing fictional universe.
In 2020, its total value was estimated at US$70 billion, and it is currently the fifth-highest-grossing media franchise of all time.
The original film, retroactively subtitled Episode IV: A New Hope (1977), was followed by the sequels Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983), forming the original Star Wars trilogy. Lucas later returned to filmmaking to direct a prequel trilogy, consisting of Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999), Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002), and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005). In 2012, Lucas sold his production company to Disney, relinquishing his ownership of the franchise. The subsequently produced sequel trilogy consists of Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015), Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017), and Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019).
All 9 films of the ‘Skywalker saga’ were nominated for Academy Awards (with wins going to the first two released) and were commercially successful. Together with the theatrical live action spin-off films Rogue One (2016) and Solo (2018), the combined box office revenue of the films equates to over US$10 billion and it is currently the second-highest-grossing film franchise of all time
HOW TO WATCH STAR WAR MOVIES IN ORDER
Want to watch all the Star Wars movies in order? With every movie set in a galaxy far, far away now streaming on Disney Plus – in 4K and HDR, no less – this is a great time to enjoy the Star Wars movies in both their chronological and release orders. This service is the exclusive home of The Mandalorian, too, and is set to be the destination for a whole set of new Star Wars TV shows and movies coming in 2021 and beyond. There’s never a bad time to catch up.
In this guide, we’ll break down the Star Wars movies order, including an ultimate order that slots The Clone Wars series and The Mandalorian into the Star Wars timeline. The chronological order is nice and straightforward – you start with Episode 1: The Phantom Menace and end with Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker – it starts to get more complicated when you throw Solo and Rogue One in there. Below, we’ll break all of this down.
As Disney intensifies its Star Wars output, with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Andor, Ahsoka, Rangers of the New Republic, The Acolyte, Star Wars: Visions, Rogue Squadron, The Bad Match and A Droid Story coming up, watching the Star Wars films in order will help you get prepared for the wave of new projects in the works.
Here’s how to watch the Star Wars movies in chronological order:
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (set 32 years before A New Hope)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (22 years before)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (19 years before)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (about a decade before)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (ends moments before ANH)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (three years after A New Hope)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (four years after)
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (34 years after)
- Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (34 years after)
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (35 years after)
The Clone Wars animated movie and series are set between Episodes II and III, and end during Revenge of the Sith (or slightly after, in the case of The Clone Wars’ final scene). Star Wars: Rebels is essentially set between Episodes III and IV. The Mandalorian is definitely set between Episodes VI and VII. Upcoming animated series The Bad Batch will be set after The Clone Wars.
The upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series will be set 10 years after Revenge of the Sith. The upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story spin-off about Cassian Andor is confirmed to be set five years before Rogue One, and therefore after the prequels and before the original trilogy. The Resistance animated series is set in the sequel trilogy time period, so it runs concurrently with The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Again, check out our ultimate Star Wars viewing order below for a full explainer of how this all works.
Star Wars movies in release order
Watching the Star Wars movies in release order is a little odd since the timelines make a lot less sense, but hey, maybe you prefer it this way. Here’s how to watch the Star Wars movies in release order, going back 44 years to A New Hope.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
- Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Today’s best Star Wars The Skywalker Saga 4k Blu-Ray deals